am I reading the range chart accurately?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwobker

Looking over the range chart here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(which is AWESOME, by the way...)

Am I reading this correctly if I say that when the transition from "2 bars down to 1 bar" occurs that there is still something like 26% of the actual charge left in the battery?

I expected to have some extra conservatism build into the range gauge, but this seems a little more than I would have expected... can anyone comment on the accuracy of my interpretation here?

Yes, there is substantial reserve at the bottom of the battery gauge now. I would recommend doubling the range estimate when the guessometer drops to single digits. Additionally, one can always extend the remaining range considerably by simply slowing down.

MODERATORS: Can we move this over to the appropriate thread?

Thanks, and you're welcome.

As an enthusiasts community, we are constantly learning new nuances to interpreting data from the LEAF. That 26% is actually all the way to dead, but the car's automation won't let you do that. There is about 2.5% +/- 0.5% at the bottom that isn't usable, so 26% would actually only be about 23% remaining.

I intend to implement "Gid2%" in the future. I won't bore you with the details, but it will reflect 23% instead of 26%.

Back