Am I the first?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bowthom said:
As requested, here are some quick iPhone pics

IMG_1357-1.jpg

Hey - that isn't an approved 100% Electric license plate frame!

TonyWilliams said:
No, there's been other rear end collisions. And when the power went out here in San Diego, and the traffic lights went out, one black LEAF got hit in the right front.
Hey, Tony, I just saw this post - that was my wife that got hit in our Leaf in Mission Valley! How did you know - did you see it? The jerk who hit her didn't have insurance, of course, so so far we're out our $500 deductible. At least the body shop seems to have done a good job. (I asked them if we were the first Leaf in their shop and they said no.)

Hello,
FYI: My rental leaf from Enterprise is red - vin# 4007. So far the dash metrics are different. The GOM seems to decline more linear than my leaf. Can not get the last dot for full regen to light up on the dash. Display doesn't go to 30 kW regen either.

TonyWilliams said:
No, there's been other rear end collisions. And when the power went out here in San Diego, and the traffic lights went out, one black LEAF got hit in the right front.

Let me guess...the person behind you was on the phone. :cool:

bowthom said:
Hello,
FYI: My rental leaf from Enterprise is red - vin# 4007. So far the dash metrics are different. The GOM seems to decline more linear than my leaf. Can not get the last dot for full regen to light up on the dash. Display doesn't go to 30 kW regen either.

Can you take a picture of that? The display doesn't go up to 30kW regen is interesting... a firmware change for the rental company???

Hello,
Yeah, pretty interesting. Makes me think that with all our discussion here about our experiences with our Leafs that we may not have a common frame of reference with which to discuss some things.

On Edit:
After careful logging of charging and travel I have concluded that this rental Leaf's (vin 4007) GOM metrics are the same as mine. I did get the regen to hit 28kW today with careful manipulation. What normally happens is the brakes apply before 30 kW is reached and then regen is reduced as the brakes continue to apply. This behavior is considerably different than my Leaf. Mine acts more like our gen 1 Prius where you feel the regen until the speed is slow enough then it lets go and the brakes apply. That brief period between regen and brakes took some getting used to, it happens when there is about a car length between you and the car stopped ahead of you at a light. The Leaf is smoother than the Prius through the transition though.

mpm3710 said:
TonyWilliams said:

Let me guess...the person behind you was on the phone. :cool:

Well actually, he admitted to me at the scene he was adjusting the radio.

Update:
The car is back and seems normal except for the smell of curing paint. The other party's insurance company is playing games, they don't want to pay for the rental leaf and have stated that my insurance company has to handle the repair so the body shop has not been paid either. I'm preparing my squeaky wheel approach for tomorrow.

Don

Back