Amazon Fee Discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pchilds

I ordered a duplex 6-20 outlet, so I don't have to unplug my air compressor to plug in my LEAF EVSE.
From Amazon the outlet was $2.65 and shipping charge for this 2 oz item was $5.65, from the same company the outlet was $5.65 with free shipping. Does Amazon really get $2.65 for a $5.65 sale?

Now it is LEAF related.

Since day one of this forum it has been a place for lots of off-topic material and a 411 for the internet. This is not Google, why not use Google? In a simple search I was able to find the answer to your question. This is an LEAF forum- almost. Topic locked.

Q: Does any one know what temperature to cook a chicken?
A: Google

What is the answer to most common questions on the internet? GOOGLE*

*Does not apply to those with AOL email addresses

pchilds said:
I ordered a duplex 6-20 outlet, so I don't have to unplug my air compressor to plug in my LEAF EVSE.
From Amazon the outlet was $2.65 and shipping charge for this 2 oz item was $5.65, from the same company the outlet was $5.65 with free shipping. Does Amazon really get $2.65 for a $5.65 sale?

Now it is LEAF related.
It depends on if this was sold by a 3rd party company (aka the Amazon Marketplace) or was sold directly by Amazon.com. By the look of that shipping charge, I'm 99% sure it is a marketplace item where the cost and shipping are determined by the seller (not Amazon.com).

The quick way to tell is to look under the "In Stock" message, for example under this outlet (http://amzn.com/B005K8TIEG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it says "Ships from and sold by DandBSurplus." This is a marketplace item. For items that say "Sold by Big_Box_Bargains and Fulfilled by Amazon," these are also marketplace items. Only items that show "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" are actually sold by Amazon.com.

I probably manage close to 1-2k items on Amazon.com right now... :)

pchilds said:

Now it is LEAF related.

Now all it needs is a topic that makes sense so people can easily decide to read it. Consider something descriptive that may let people know you are not writing a review on Amazon customer service. Like, "Outlet prices on Amazon". Regardless your post is about Amazon fees and since you are still too lazy to Google the answer to the same question that is about fess rather than something remotely relevant like deals on outlets, I will do it for you. It took 10 seconds to do this and I actually did it myself last year, not to mention many sellers offer different pricing/shipping off Amazon regardless of the Amazon fee structure.

I know it's tough to find basic info on your own when the many people here can do it for you and use their time. The best part about that is in the end (never comes) we can have 20 useless pages of banter with the same useless answers regurgitated in 20 different ways. Then when people search for info on 6-20 outlets they get hundreds of silly threads to weed through which is no wonder so many people bitch about the search function and can never find info here :lol:
http://services.amazon.com/selling/pricing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's see how silly this gets in classic MNL posting fashion. Perhaps we start a second one as we often do like:

"Amazon Fee Discussion Goes Here" Should be up there with the gun thread in pages in no time.

*Warning this thread contains sarcasm for those that are new to forums and the internet. Carry on.

DarkStar said:
pchilds said:

Now it is LEAF related.
It depends on if this was sold by a 3rd party company (aka the Amazon Marketplace) or was sold directly by Amazon.com. By the look of that shipping charge, I'm 99% sure it is a marketplace item where the cost and shipping are determined by the seller (not Amazon.com).

The quick way to tell is to look under the "In Stock" message, for example under this outlet (http://amzn.com/B005K8TIEG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it says "Ships from and sold by DandBSurplus." This is a marketplace item. For items that say "Sold by Big_Box_Bargains and Fulfilled by Amazon," these are also marketplace items. Only items that show "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" are actually sold by Amazon.com.

I probably manage close to 1-2k items on Amazon.com right now... :)

Broken link, he will need the proper one because his Google is broke. You may be logged in to your Amazon account.

EVDRIVER said:
Let's see how silly this gets in classic MNL posting fashion. Perhaps we start a second one as we often do like:

"Amazon Fee Discussion Goes Here" Should be up there with the gun thread in pages in no time.

*Warning this thread contains sarcasm for those that are new to forums and the internet. Carry on.

How about "OFFICIAL Amazon fee thread"? :)

Nubo said:
EVDRIVER said:

How about "OFFICIAL Amazon fee thread"? :)

:lol:

My parody a long time ago to OT posts, making this thread even more OT :lol:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back