Android Apps

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Docpec said:
What seems to be the best Android App for Leaf usage??

Not the Nissan produced app. It just fails constantly to update/login. The same app on my 2nd gen iPod just flat out works.

I do like the Nisan Leaf Range Estimator that Tony worked up. I use that one whenever I'm planning out trips.

I've had no issues with the official Nissan Leaf app for Android. I also use the Blink, ChargePoint, PlugShare, Recargo, and Nissan Leaf Range Estimator apps.

Nothing else for either Android or IOS platforms comes even close to Leaf Spy! I have a couple of Leaf Apple acquaintances who have bought cheap unactivated Android phones just so they could use Leaf Spy...

kieranmullen said:
Leaf Spy Pro is the only one I see on the marketplace.

Do you have the free or paid version of openwings? I seem to recall a note about Nissan disabling 3rd party access to CarWings?

keydiver said:
I use OpenWings to start charging, etc, and Leaf Spy for monitoring the battery pack. Both work great for me! :D

kieranmullen said:
What is the differnce between plugshare and recargo?

DarkStar said:
I've had no issues with the official Nissan Leaf app for Android. I also use the Blink, ChargePoint, PlugShare, Recargo, and Nissan Leaf Range Estimator apps.

PlugShare is open source so anyone can login and create/update a plug site. Recargo/ChargePoint is a closed solution where they monitor and maintain but there are nice little dashboards and stuff since it actually tracks your usage on the network.

ksnogas2112 said:
kieranmullen said:

DarkStar said:

PlugShare is open source so anyone can login and create/update a plug site. Recargo/ChargePoint is a closed solution where they monitor and maintain but there are nice little dashboards and stuff since it actually tracks your usage on the network.
I think that you might be confused
explain this
http://www.recargo.com/plugshare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apvbguy said:
ksnogas2112 said:
kieranmullen said:

I think that you might be confused
explain this
http://www.recargo.com/plugshare" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah confused, thought recargo was bought by chargepoint...whoops...that's what i get for using an old link for plugshare

Docpec said:
What seems to be the best Android App for Leaf usage??

usage in what way? battery monitoring, range estimating, public charging locator?

if its the first two, its LEAF Spy, PERIOD

if its the latter, then ALL of them. Chargepoint, Plugshare and every single network as well. they all have good info along with bad so get used to using multiple apps to find what you are looking for

Back