Any one with 2021 Leaf having a/c problems?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dew8

The air conditioner in my 2021 Leaf Plus has failed three times in a year and a half. I live in a cold climate (upstate NY), bought the vehicle April 2021, and the a/c did not work when I first tried it a few weeks into owning it. The dealer said the factory "forgot to top off" the refrigerant. They did it and I had cold air for the rest of the summer.

April 2022 comes around and when I try to use the a/c for the first time, it again does not work. The dealer says there is a problem with a valve which caused the refrigerant to leak. Nissan delivered the part about a month later and I had cold air for a few weeks before it began to take longer and longer to cool down, eventually deteriorating to the point of no cold air at all. Now the dealer says the refrigerant is low again. They topped it off so they can get cold air again, tested the system, kept the vehicle for a couple days, and found no leaks. So I have cold air again, but who knows for how long.

I'd love to hear if anyone else is having similar problems and have gotten any different results from their dealer.

Welcome to the forum. I haven't had any A/C issues with my '21. It looks to me like yours was either never filled at the factory or had a leak from the factory that hasn't been fixed. They need to replace ALL of the components that need refrigerant for lubrication and/or corrosion protection, not just whatever will get it working again for a while. I'd contact Nissan directly about this to escalate it.

Back