Anybody else having problems not getting emails from NISSAN

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgoleta

I did not receive my RAQ email. I saw the dashboard open up. I did not receive my email receipt from my order. EV customer support said the emails were sent (they responded using the same email as MyAccount so I know can work). It is not being trapped in the junk email or SPAM filter either. Both the [email protected] and evcustomersupport emails addresses are in my contact lists. I think emails are more likely being rejected by our host provider earthlink.net because the source IP for the automated emails is in a blacklisted or zombie server list.
Has anyone else noticed a problem like this?

do the normal. closely examine your spam folder. maintain it to make it easy for you to spot emails you want to keep. send them followup emails and calls providing them feedback on what you are and are not getting.

i use gmail and it filters spam and keeps it a month before deleting which means it might have thousands in there by then, so i make a habit of reviewing what is in there when it gets up to around 30-40 or so which can take as little as a day or up to a week. and ya, it makes mistakes. but nothing is perfect.

the key thing is the first email confirm that should arrive right away. that verifies that you put it in correctly and they recorded it correctly (trust me, i work with computer enough to know that NOTHING is guaranteed when they are involved)

What Dave says makes sense. One solution would be to get a free web-based email from Yahoo or Hotmail or gmail, or one of the lesser ones available out there, turn off spam filtering (it usually takes a while before a new email starts getting spam) and use it just for Nissan.

daniel said:
What Dave says makes sense. One solution would be to get a free web-based email from Yahoo or Hotmail or gmail, or one of the lesser ones available out there, turn off spam filtering (it usually takes a while before a new email starts getting spam) and use it just for Nissan.

Ditto. I use an old gmail account for all LEAF related emails since I know they wont get trapped.

The only trouble I have had is when I changed email on the dashboard Nissan continued to send to the old email.

I used the link provided by the email to again update the address and all has been fine since.

mgoleta said:
I did not receive my RAQ email. I saw the dashboard open up. I did not receive my email receipt from my order.
Should we have received a real receipt? I certainly didn't. I did get four emails from Nissan during the process:
Nissan LEAF: You can now request a quote
Nissan LEAF: Your dealer received your quote request
Nissan LEAF: Here's your price
Nissan LEAF: Your order is confirmed

None of them had any numbers in them except my original reservation number, which is apparently also my order confirmation number. The "Here's your price" email did have a link to the website where I could do a standard login and look at the order in my dashboard.

Yes, I had repeated trouble getting emails during the Summer. After several unsatisfying online chats, having to prove it was not a problem on my end, and an unproductive troubleshooting case where promised touchback dates were never met, it was one of the reasons I decided to wait awhile. I got the feeling that their IT crew is undisciplined, outsourced, ill-managed or perhaps all three.

Back