Anyone able to order with "eTec application pending" status?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttweed

I am trying to determine if your Etec application is still "pending" because Ecotality has "more questions" about your installation and needs to do an assessment before you are approved, does this effect your ability to order? I don't know for sure, after searching all the "ordering" threads and the Ecotality project discussions. If anyone has been able to order yet with a "pending" status on their Etec application, I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Can anyone confirm that they have placed an order with an Etec application still pending?

Since I am in that boat myself, had a 4/20 reservation and a Sept. order date, yet haven't received an invitation to order from Nissan as of today, I am a little concerned about this issue and would like to know if I am being delayed in the order queue because of my attempt to participate in the EV Project and not having a standard installation that was able to be pre-approved easily without an assessment.

Thx,
TT

In your dashboard if your "home assessment" status is "eTec application pending*" - have you been allowed to order ?

Considering nobody has answered this - I'd say, if your dashboard says "eTec application pending*" you won't be able to order.

When I was allowed to order, it said "eTec application accepted*". I got the final acceptance mail from ecotality the next day - but the blurb in the dashboard didn't change.

It makes sense - if the person is not accepted into ev project, Nissan won't get the $700 (or whatever they are getting) from the project for the free L3 port we are getting. So, unless they are sure the person will be accepted into EVP, Nissan won't open the order.

The silence on this thread speaks volumes. I think it is obvious now that if you were not approved or "pre-approved" for the EV project and have "pending" participation status, you will not get an invitation to order your car from Nissan until Ecotality does your assessment and approves you, no matter when your promised order date is. This may or may not delay your opportunity, depending on what area you live in and how far behind they are in the Etec assessments.

TT

Tom I just want to alert you to something that Nissan told me to look out for. If you are etec pending and you receive your RAQ and your vehicle does not default to the sl-e model make sure and select the fast charge option if you intend to have it. They have said to me that if you ultimately are approved for the project that they will adjust the cost down and not charge you the $700.00.

mossyleaf said:
Tom I just want to alert you to something that Nissan told me to look out for. If you are etec pending and you receive your RAQ...
Do you actually know of anyone who is still "Etec pending" and has definitely received an RAQ invitation before Etec approval? That is the whole point of this thread, to see if this is possible, and no one has replied in the affirmative. I talked to someone from Mossy at the SD Street Smart event Sunday (possibly you?) who thought this had happened with some of their customers, but did not seem absolutely certain about it. I am dubious, from the other evidence and statements by Nissan and Ecotality.

I think Nissan is trying to avoid mix-ups and adjustments down the line in the order process by making sure you are approved for the EV project before they open your RAQ window, so that you are given the opportunity to order the SL-e option correctly from the beginning.

TT

garygid said:
I thought that all EVProject "members" MUST have the QC option, so they MUST order the SL-E or the SL+QC ???
That has been my understanding from the beginning, and I was always going to order the SL w/ QC option. It was only more recently, when features and specs were firmed up and option pricing was released that I learned that the QC port was a $700 option. I had previously thought it was included in the SL package. I was happy to hear that Ecotality would pay for it if you participated in the EV Project, furthering my desire to be included in the program, but the delays in getting my home assessment done in order for them to make a decision about my status are effecting my order priority, I think. I reserved on 4/20, have a promised Sept. order date, but have still not been invited to order. From what I have been able to glean from the parties involved, the contractor doing my assessment will not get the results to Ecotality until 9/20. Depending on how long it takes for Ecotality to approve me and change my status, then communicate this to Nissan so they can open my RAQ window, it is possible my order will not get done in Sept. This is disappointing, to say the least, as we had been hoping to get the car in 2010 for budgeting reasons, and it is pretty clear now that it will be 2011 before delivery, as only August orders and possibly a few early Sept. orders have a chance of being delivered in Dec.

TT

My dashboard still indicates 'etec application pending'. I had my assessment Sept 10 and recieved the acceptance (copied below) that day. NOTE: the highlighted section seems to me to clearly indicate that the assessment must be completed BEFORE ordering is possible. "Nissan will be contacting you shortly with instructions for ordering your vehicle."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Site Evaluation Date: 9-10-2010
Contractor: Oregon Electric Group

Dear xxxx,
Congratulations! Based on the site assessment just completed, your Blink in-house charger and installation will be free of charge.

Nissan will be contacting you shortly with instructions for ordering your vehicle.
Thank you again for your interest in the EV Project. We look forward to completing the installation of your Blink EVSE shortly before you take delivery of your Nissan LEAF.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ttweed said:
mossyleaf said:
Tom I just want to alert you to something that Nissan told me to look out for. If you are etec pending and you receive your RAQ...
Do you actually know of anyone who is still "Etec pending" and has definitely received an RAQ invitation before Etec approval? That is the whole point of this thread, to see if this is possible, and no one has replied in the affirmative. I talked to someone from Mossy at the SD Street Smart event Sunday (possibly you?) who thought this had happened with some of their customers, but did not seem absolutely certain about it. I am dubious, from the other evidence and statements by Nissan and Ecotality.

I think Nissan is trying to avoid mix-ups and adjustments down the line in the order process by making sure you are approved for the EV project before they open your RAQ window, so that you are given the opportunity to order the SL-e option correctly from the beginning.

TT

I have an ETEC pending and I had an assessment yesterday. I also have a September order date. The person that came out yesterday really didn't have any new information except that the assessments they were doing now were scheduled for a Jan. install. I suppose that means we get the Leaf in Jan. also. I am in the Portland Oregon area so maybe it's different in your area.

I have an ETEC pending and I had an assessment yesterday. I also have a September order date. The person that came out yesterday really didn't have any new information except that the assessments they were doing now were scheduled for a Jan. install. I suppose that means we get the Leaf in Jan. also. I am in the Portland Oregon area so maybe it's different in your area.

I am also in the Portland area. When I scheduled the assessment they said they had a deadline of Sep 16 to complete all of their assessments. I was also told that etec application pending wouldn't impact order date. Judging how things are progressing, I have no reason to think that my ability to order has been impacted. I haven't seen anybody in Portland area who has ordered yet.

I'm pending and they haven't contacted me for the assessment yet.

They've sent the e-mail saying that I'm accepted but it may cost more... and to reply if I want an assessment. I replied... but haven't heard anything since.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

leaf4life said:
My dashboard still indicates 'etec application pending'. I had my assessment Sept 10 and recieved the acceptance (copied below) that day.
You're lucky. I wish my assessment could have been completed so quickly! It's already been 3 days since they did it, and as near as I can determine, I won't hear anything for at least another week. :evil:

Things are definitely different down here.
TT

My assessment was done on the 9th and I too got the approval letter via email but I'm still in the pending stage.

I'm in San Diego.

cdub said:
I'm pending and they haven't contacted me for the assessment yet.

They've sent the e-mail saying that I'm accepted but it may cost more... and to reply if I want an assessment. I replied... but haven't heard anything since.

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Looks like we are in the same situation....still no word on assessment appointment from Etec yet I have Sept. order month...and Sept. is slipping away!

Well I finally got an e-mail form an electric company to schedule the appointment. Of course I finally realized I got it after they had closed for the day so I won't be able to schedule until tomorrow.

Hope it goes well..

I just got an EVProject email late today wanting to sched an assessment in a week, but it's from Wilson Electric in AZ.
I'm in SoCal...??

sparky said:
I just got an EVProject email late today wanting to sched an assessment in a week, but it's from Wilson Electric in AZ.
I'm in SoCal...??

Yes, finally got email from Wilson electric asking to contact them to schedule for next week. Maybe the ordering will open up before Oct.!

Kataphn said:
sparky said:
I'm in SoCal...??

Yes, finally got email from Wilson electric asking to contact them to schedule for next week. Maybe the ordering will open up before Oct.!

Kat, I can't remember who it was on here, but they said ECOtality knows when our ordering dates are and they prioritize the problems by the ordering date. The poster said the ECOtality guy told him that. I thought since they fixed mine a couple weeks ago, that my dashboard would open up, but my situation must be different. Nissan probably put me at the bottom of Sept. because I didn't take their eTEC questionnaire that I had already taken months before, even though I reserved around 3 PM on the 20th. I've been told repeatedly that it won't affect my delivery date, but I'm skeptical now. I think yours will open up as soon as they are finished and you get an email. That's what happened to one guy I know.

Back