Anyone have their lease cancelled?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanDust

There have been at least two cases where Nissan has cancelled a Leaf lease and demanded the car be return. In both cases it was a snafu because some paperwork from the dealer wasn't processed correctly and everything ultimately got sorted, but needless to say it's alarming to get a certified letter telling you that you have to return your Leaf. Anyone here run into this issue?

The take-away would be that if you do get such a letter you can probably pass on the Malox and straighten it out with a call. Apparently if everything isn't in order within ten days after you sign for the lease Nissan just sends out the letter.

Apparently there is a bug in the dealer software that prints the lease contracts and it will sometimes leave out the per mile charge for over-mileage. This kicks the lease and it has to be redone. I had this happen to my lease but the dealer caught it and corrected it before I was even aware that there was a problem. They sent me a new lease form to sign that replaced the old one and that was that. I never heard anything from Nissan.

SanDust said:
There have been at least two cases where Nissan has cancelled a Leaf lease and demanded the car be return. In both cases it was a snafu because some paperwork from the dealer wasn't processed correctly and everything ultimately got sorted, but needless to say it's alarming to get a certified letter telling you that you have to return your Leaf. Anyone here run into this issue?

The take-away would be that if you do get such a letter you can probably pass on the Malox and straighten it out with a call. Apparently if everything isn't in order within ten days after you sign for the lease Nissan just sends out the letter.

Back