Anyone using a Nissan Leaf with 2 car seats?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thait84

When we had our Ford Focus EV, we had the one car seat and it felt a little tight. I think the interior of the Leaf is a bit better (especially the trunk) since it isn't a converted ICE. Does anyone have it with 2 car seats? Can an adult still sit in the back with 2 car seats?

Thanks!

We had this setup before turning in the Leaf at lease end. Space was tight. One of the car seats was huge. I am now thinking of buying a smaller car seat for my 3 year old. There is one at Costco for $100 that is smaller.

We've had two car seats in ours for two years now. No issues. If they are small car seats, a small person can squeeze in there. You don't want to do that for long though.

We've had two forward facing car seats in the rear without any trouble for the past three years, although as mentioned above, there isn't much room left in the center. The only complaint from the kids is that they can't enjoy the heated seats... :D

Two car seats are not a problem. Room to sit comfortably between them? Not so with the forward-facing Recaros we are using.

When I bought my Leaf, I had two harness boosters in the back. Getting an adult between them was possible, but not comfortable. Now I have two belt-positioning boosters (one high-back, one backless) and I can fit comfortably between them. It is more than comfortable enough given that I cannot drive the Leaf for hours on end anyway.

Edit: thinking back, I actually had a rear-facing car seat for my youngest when I got the car. Again, a small adult could fit in the middle, but not comfortably.

Rear facing britax boulevard and forward pinnacle booster. No way to squeeze in even one of the Snow White dwarves :). Granted, these are probably the widest car seats you can get (with the really big head area side padding), but the leaf is probably not the safest car in side impacts, so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable going with less cocooned car seats.

Back