April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
linkim said:
Just received notification that delivery date was moved up - now week of April 04, 2011 instead of April 6. Maybe I'll end up in March. Still have not heard back from Ecotality about the charging dock install.

Mine just moved the other way. From April 05 to April 08. VIN #806 with a 9/2 order date. Boardwalk Nissan. No communication from Ecotality after I signed the agreement.

margie100 said:
linkim said:
Just received notification that delivery date was moved up - now week of April 04, 2011 instead of April 6. Maybe I'll end up in March. Still have not heard back from Ecotality about the charging dock install.

Mine just moved the other way. From April 05 to April 08. VIN #806 with a 9/2 order date. Boardwalk Nissan. No communication from Ecotality after I signed the agreement.

I'm in exactly the same situation; moved from 4/5 to 4/8. I expect that the earthquake/tsunami could impact deliveries even further.

Today my dashboard gave me a VIN and delivery week for the first time (April 8th). I was thinking with the tragedy and chaos in Japan that these deliveries would be delayed by quite a bit. Does anyone know how far in advance the cars are loaded on the ship and sailing to California? With an April 8 delivery would this car already be at sea? Thanks.

Leaftera said:
Today my dashboard gave me a VIN and delivery week for the first time (April 8th). I was thinking with the tragedy and chaos in Japan that these deliveries would be delayed by quite a bit. Does anyone know how far in advance the cars are loaded on the ship and sailing to California? With an April 8 delivery would this car already be at sea? Thanks.
Check out the topic "Tracking Ships"
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&p=68254&hilit=tracking+ships#p68254
Looks like it's taking 12-14 days to get across the ocean, so deliveries for the next 2 weeks may not be affected because they may already be in port or on the way (but that's pure speculation on my part)

Bud said:
Moved from week of April 15th back to week of April 18th. Understandable.

Same here, looks like our status updates are in sync... I am actually surprised that they bother to update the status in this mess.

IBELEAF said:
Bud said:
Moved from week of April 15th back to week of April 18th. Understandable.

Same here, looks like our status updates are in sync... I am actually surprised that they bother to update the status in this mess.
There are no updates when you're stuck at "month of April 2011" :p
The videos of the earthquake show it to be horrific. Thoughts to the people of Japan today.

It takes two weeks for the ship to get here and then roughly another 3-4 weeks for them to clear and QC it in port and get it to the dealer. So, yes, yours should have been long gone by then.

Leaftera said:

Just checked my status expecting it would be pushed back due to a delay in shipping and see that the opposite occurred.

Date for delivery moved from week of April 5th to week of March 30th.

In other news, I stopped by Alhambra Nissan today and checked out another buyer's pearl white leaf. The quality of the interior carpets and seating isn't that high even compared to our current prius. My wife had not yet seen a Leaf in person and I suspect that she'll be taking the car more than I had planned. I think the VIN numbers on that one was 371 (or something close)

adaminla said:
Just checked my status expecting it would be pushed back due to a delay in shipping and see that the opposite occurred.

Date for delivery moved from week of April 5th to week of March 30th.

In other news, I stopped by Alhambra Nissan today and checked out another buyer's pearl white leaf. The quality of the interior carpets and seating isn't that high even compared to our current prius. My wife had not yet seen a Leaf in person and I suspect that she'll be taking the car more than I had planned. I think the VIN numbers on that one was 371 (or something close)

yeah, mine too - cya, I'm going to the March thread :) (though I'm sure i'll be back here by tomorrow)

I an now scheduled for delivery week of March 31 instead of Apr 4, which was April 6 a few days earlier. I also received notice on DB for the pre-purchase checklist, which included the installation of the charging dock.
I was approved for the EV Project but have not heard anything. Has anyone had good success getting Ecotality to respond, and should I work with Nissan on this?

It seems Friday was my lucky day. I did not look at my Nissan dashboard until this morning because I was preparing for a 50k race that I ran yesterday. Too tired to do anything yesterday, and too sore to leave the chair in front of the computer today.

Anyhow, I received an email that I won one of the weekly prizes in the Master the Shift sweepstakes that Nissan is hosting. It was a GPS package, but the letter says that I'll be receiving a $500 gift card from American Express. It seems if you read the fine print, all the weekly prizes are $500 gift cards and not the items listed for the prize. I'm not complaining, I've never won anything, and now to win this is just fantastic.

Also in my inbox is a message from Nissan that I have my delivery date. Yaaay! Checked my dashboard and my delivery date is week of March 30 so that makes me happy. No more worries about the CVRP. Can't wait to start driving my Leaf.

I haven't been posting all my changes, nor posting them to the spreadsheet. I figured anything within a week wasn't worth worrying about. Just for comparisons, from my start on the 14th I've bounced around out to the 18th, to the 8th (which is where I am at today). ::shrug::

Back