April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishleafer said:
Got a call from Nissan that my car is ready to go at the port, AC has been fixed on April 19. Also received the 7 day notice. Nissan CS is also helping me to get Etec installation before the delivery now. :D

Maybe, just maybe, I am finally an April delivery.
How did you get the call from Nissan?

cdaveb said:
I was able to find out today that my car has gotten the AC fix, so now it's just a matter of how long it takes to get it to my dealer and when the dealer is ready to release it to me. They told me it takes a few days usually for the car to get from port to the dealership (at least to the Bay Area) and that the dealer usually needs to do stuff to it that takes a few days. He's talking to my dealer now to see if there's any way they can rush the process of getting the car in my hands after it arrives there since I'm currently carless. I'm still hoping I can get it by Tuesday before my husband leaves town but we'll see what happens.

Is there anyone else who had a 7 day email as far back as mid March that is still waiting on their car?

I'm also car-less, but I sold my car in February knowing that I would likely be out a car for at least 2 months. I never got my 7-day e-mail, though.
I was hoping to get it by Saturday, but I'm more comfortable waiting longer since I'm getting my blink install on Tuesday.

Here's hoping you get your car by then!

sdbmania said:
I'm also car-less, but I sold my car in February knowing that I would likely be out a car for at least 2 months. I never got my 7-day e-mail, though.
I was hoping to get it by Saturday, but I'm more comfortable waiting longer since I'm getting my blink install on Tuesday.

When I sold my car I figured I'd be without a car for a week or two, which wouldn't have been a big problem (as my work commute is by bike/BART so I only really drive for errands and stuff). But it's been significantly longer than that now.

The only reason I sold it when I did is that my previous car was also electric but used a different charger and it was easiest to replace the charger instead of having my new charger installed elsewhere in the garage and then have my old one removed at a later date. I already had a buyer lined up so I arranged for the sale to be completed 3 days after my scheduled delivery week started and 2.5 weeks after I'd received my 7 day email (my dashboard had briefly said March 25th, which I assume is why I got it so early). Had I imagined it would take this long I would have delayed the installation of the charger by a few weeks so I could have kept my car longer.

Hopefully the long journey is almost at an end. It looks like most people with September orders should be getting their cars within the next few weeks if not already at least.

You can probably call and find out if your car has at least gotten the AC fix yet. I was told they have a tool now at CS to check for it.

cdaveb said:
sdbmania said:

When I sold my car I figured I'd be without a car for a week or two, which wouldn't have been a big problem (as my work commute is by bike/BART so I only really drive for errands and stuff). But it's been significantly longer than that now.

The only reason I sold it when I did is that my previous car was also electric but used a different charger and it was easiest to replace the charger instead of having my new charger installed elsewhere in the garage and then have my old one removed at a later date. I already had a buyer lined up so I arranged for the sale to be completed 3 days after my scheduled delivery week started and 2.5 weeks after I'd received my 7 day email (my dashboard had briefly said March 25th, which I assume is why I got it so early). Had I imagined it would take this long I would have delayed the installation of the charger by a few weeks so I could have kept my car longer.

Hopefully the long journey is almost at an end. It looks like most people with September orders should be getting their cars within the next few weeks if not already at least.

You can probably call and find out if your car has at least gotten the AC fix yet. I was told they have a tool now at CS to check for it.

Yeah, I was told this after noon from live chat that my car has the ac fix, so now its just a matter of days. I think there has been issues with the 7-day email.

sdbmania said:
cdaveb said:
sdbmania said:

Yeah, I was told this after noon from live chat that my car has the ac fix, so now its just a matter of days. I think there has been issues with the 7-day email.

I was told several things by the live chat folks. As a matter of fact different things (AC Patch applied and ready to shipped - Waiting for AC Patch) by the same rep (Nichole). I don't think you should believe any them. They are told to make customers feel good for the moment.

lonndoggie said:
Nissan is calling you? That's amazing! :eek:
I got a call from Devin at Nissan CS on Monday this week. She said her boss asked her to call and tell me that they didn't have any news for me. She did say I should get another call by tomorrow. Go figure.

cdaveb said:
Is there anyone else who had a 7 day email as far back as mid March that is still waiting on their car?
My friend in Pleasanton (not on MNL Forum) got his 7 day email in early March and is just taking delivery on Friday, April 22.

Still sitting at week of April 18, no 7 day email, no communication, no Leaf! For what it’s worth I was supposed to be a Sep/Oct order, so not all of us were skipped??? . :?

Really checking to see if a post will make “April deliveries” show up in active threads

waiting4leaf said:
Fishleafer said:
Got a call from Nissan that my car is ready to go at the port, AC has been fixed on April 19. Also received the 7 day notice. Nissan CS is also helping me to get Etec installation before the delivery now. :D

Maybe, just maybe, I am finally an April delivery.
How did you get the call from Nissan?

I have been in contact with NissanCS constantly for the past 3 weeks to try to get my car delivered :cool:

Got a call from Baker Electric in Escondido (San Diego County), California, to install my Blink charger at noon today. They called around 9am, and said they could come by earlier. The 2 Ecotality folks showed up first, then the 2 Baker Electric guys. It took about 2 hours 45 minutes to finish the project, with the exception of the SDG&E special rate (7.7 cents, midnight to 5am) meter. Hopefully, that will be put on tomorrow, and I shouldn't have to be present for that. Then, I'll be waiting for the City of San Diego electrical inspectors to sign off on the permit.

Still showing a "Week of May 6" delivery. I don't know if my car has had the air conditioning fixed yet (serial # 2244).

aab5041d.jpg

48edfe71.jpg

dc118024.jpg

7716638f.jpg

729ab081.jpg

a331b741.jpg

92e3cc80.jpg

This evening my DB changed from month of June to week of April 15 for delivery. Time to buckle my seatbelt for the changes that surely will occur! If this holds, the timing couldn't be better since my Nissan Quest needs a couple thousand dollars of work and I would rather hold off on it. Was it Beachcliffs that quoted Tom Petty, "The waaaiting is the hardest part". I hope for many more DB surprises for many others in the next few weeks! Starting to feel better now :cool:

VIN 1265
Cayenne Red SL
Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/29/10
Delivery April??

TonyWilliams said:
Got a call from Baker Electric in Escondido (San Diego County), California, to install my Blink charger at noon today. They called around 9am, and said they could come by earlier. The 2 Ecotality folks showed up first, then the 2 Baker Electric guys. It took about 2 hours 45 minutes to finish the project, with the exception of the SDG&E special rate (7.7 cents, midnight to 5am) meter. Hopefully, that will be put on tomorrow, and I shouldn't have to be present for that. Then, I'll be waiting for the City of San Diego electrical inspectors to sign off on the permit.

Nice looking install! Did you get a series/subtractive meter or a totally separate service?

JimK said:
Nice looking install! Did you get a series/subtractive meter or a totally separate service?

It's from the main 200 amp breaker, to the 40 amp breaker in my main panel, then over to the new on/off - box/switch, then to the new meter, then to a 240 volt plug, then the charger.

TonyWilliams said:
...It took about 2 hours 45 minutes to finish the project, with the exception of the SDG&E special rate (7.7 cents, midnight to 5am) meter. Hopefully, that will be put on tomorrow, and I shouldn't have to be present for that. Then, I'll be waiting for the City of San Diego electrical inspectors to sign off on the permit...
I take it that was a test meter? They just used two wires (heavy gauge) to test mine. BTW, you have the sequence backwards. The inspector has to sign off first, THEN SDG&E will set the meter. I had to push the electric contractor to get the inspection done (supposed to be today...fingers crossed), then the word is that it takes some pushing to make sure SDG&E gets notified and comes out to set the meter.

It could be they're fooling me, but I believe I actually got some factual information out of CS yesterday and today.

• My original car, SV model VIN #0670, was about to arrive in late March when it was suddenly diverted. No one yet has been able to tell me where it went.
  • I was assigned a new car, SL model VIN #1537, which got stuck in Long Beach for the service upgrade.
  • That car has now been cleared in Long Beach, and should arrive at my dealer in a matter of days.

Now here is where things get weird. I find it hard to believe myself, but after months of bitching and moaning about my unfair delays, I think I am going to refuse that car. I have told CS that I didn't order an SL, I don't want an SL, and I won't pay for an SL. It seems clear to me that Nissan is committed to delivering the car I ordered. And after four months of unexpected waiting, I guess I can wait a little longer to get it if I have to.

So why don't I want an SL? I'm planning to lease, and I'm willing to bet the SL will tack on $33/month to my payments, even if it doesn't have the QC port. That's $1200 in three years, for ... nothing!

Cargo cover? - I'll take it off to get it out of my way.
Homelink? - Hah! We haven't opened our garage door in the last 20 years, we don't have anything in any of those storage places, and I know we will never move to a gated community.
Fog lights? - From what I hear they're not even useful, and I never drive in fog anyway.
Solar panel? - Silly gimmick.
Auto headlights? - I hear they can be a pain. Besides, I "automatically" turn on my headlights whenever I take off my sunglasses.
Rearview monitor? - Possibly, but my wife's Prius has one, and I never look at it when I'm driving. For 55 years I've always backed up by keeping one hand on the steering wheel, twisting my body, and looking directly out the back window.

So, have I gone crazy?

Ray

planet4ever said:
...I think I am going to refuse that car. I have told CS that I didn't order an SL, I don't want an SL, and I won't pay for an SL. It seems clear to me that Nissan is committed to delivering the car I ordered. And after four months of unexpected waiting, I guess I can wait a little longer to get it if I have to....So, have I gone crazy?

Ray
No, you haven't. It's all personal. I don't think I would accept a SV in place of my SL-e, either. One regret I have is accepting a black Prius when I ordered a red one. I should have waited then. While I don't want to wait any longer than I have to this time, I'm not five. I can wait. I'm just glad (hoping?) I don't have to. The only hesitation I would have in your shoes would be missing out on part of the CA 5k rebate because I waited.

planet4ever said:
It could be they're fooling me, but I believe I actually got some factual information out of CS yesterday and today.

• My original car, SV model VIN #0670, was about to arrive in late March when it was suddenly diverted. No one yet has been able to tell me where it went.
  • I was assigned a new car, SL model VIN #1537, which got stuck in Long Beach for the service upgrade.
  • That car has now been cleared in Long Beach, and should arrive at my dealer in a matter of days.

Now here is where things get weird. I find it hard to believe myself, but after months of bitching and moaning about my unfair delays, I think I am going to refuse that car. I have told CS that I didn't order an SL, I don't want an SL, and I won't pay for an SL. It seems clear to me that Nissan is committed to delivering the car I ordered. And after four months of unexpected waiting, I guess I can wait a little longer to get it if I have to.

So why don't I want an SL? I'm planning to lease, and I'm willing to bet the SL will tack on $33/month to my payments, even if it doesn't have the QC port. That's $1200 in three years, for ... nothing!

Cargo cover? - I'll take it off to get it out of my way.
Homelink? - Hah! We haven't opened our garage door in the last 20 years, we don't have anything in any of those storage places, and I know we will never move to a gated community.
Fog lights? - From what I hear they're not even useful, and I never drive in fog anyway.
Solar panel? - Silly gimmick.
Auto headlights? - I hear they can be a pain. Besides, I "automatically" turn on my headlights whenever I take off my sunglasses.
Rearview monitor? - Possibly, but my wife's Prius has one, and I never look at it when I'm driving. For 55 years I've always backed up by keeping one hand on the steering wheel, twisting my body, and looking directly out the back window.

So, have I gone crazy?

Ray

Fog lights can be very helpful sometimes, both to help you see better and more importantly so that others see you. Plus they look better than the plastic inserts that would go where the fog lights were supposed to be.

garygid said:
Est. Delivery for "starry" changed from:
June -> 8 Apr -> 26 Apr -> 28 Apr
(in just the last 2 days).

Mine got changed to April 29th today. It was April 14th on Wednesday, April 26th on Wednesday night, April 28th on Thursday and April 29th today. I got the 7 day email on Thursday. The best I could do it Pray and Hope.

planet4ever said:
So, have I gone crazy?
Yes! :)

My guess is that they will let you have the SL for the price of the SV. First is was their mistake -- twice. So not only have they delayed delivering your product, they're not delivering what you ordered. Second it will probably cost them more to straighten out your situation than the cost difference is worth. Seems like the simplest solution is to give you the SL for the SV price. It's like getting a better model sofa than the one you ordered -- you should be able to get the upgraded one at the original price.

On your end, the $23/month doesn't seem like a big deal. A minor point would be that the backup backup camera seems like a basic safety feature. A major point would be that if you delay taking delivery of the car you might significantly delay or lose the $5000 CARB rebate.

If you can't work this out up front, why not make your concerns known, take delivery, apply for your rebate, and sort out the price difference later?

Back