April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rstar said:
Gardena Nissan just received 4 Leafs today. I have a week of 4/22 delivery on my dashboard to which the dealer said is still on schedule. Guessing that 1 of the 4 is mine.

the red one belongs to us.
pick up Friday, we hope.

LEAFfan said:
garygid said:
The dealer ysterday (OCNI) said that the 0.00204 money factor was below the lowest that they were allowed to use, for ANY credit score. So, beware.

Maybe at their dealership, but NMAC released a lease program sheet that shows .00204 for 740 and up, and it also says that "MF mark-up allowed."
Confirmed. I got 0.00204 yesterday.

idunk said:
LEAFfan said:
garygid said:
The dealer ysterday (OCNI) said that the 0.00204 money factor was below the lowest that they were allowed to use, for ANY credit score. So, beware.

Maybe at their dealership, but NMAC released a lease program sheet that shows .00204 for 740 and up, and it also says that "MF mark-up allowed."
Confirmed. I got 0.00204 yesterday.

I believe this is what auto dealers call the "buy rate." It is the interest rate charged by the finance company before any profit is inserted by the dealer. In my book, any time you get the money at the buy rate, you are doing well -- and being treated fairly by the dealer. It's like paying the invoice price, less the holdback in a purchase transaction.

jcesare said:
waiting4leaf said:
I was told that the rebate ($99 deposit refund) will be refunded to the original credit card within 30 days.
I received an email from Nissan about a week after my car was delivered. The refund will appear on my credit card statement on the next cycle.

I got the same email today. I got my car yesterday. Really fast!

Well, after bouncing around from the June thread to the pending thread to the May thread...whew, it looks like I'm home. I just got the call from Mossy Nissan in Kearny Mesa and I'll pick it up in the morning. Hello April Delivery thread and owners thread!

My car has finally arrived home safe and sound. I was a little worried I wouldn't get it today after all- they were having some issue installing a software update, but they figured it out and my dealer came out and picked me up since I didn't have a ride.

Good luck to the rest of you!

BrendanDolan said:
vijayl said:
no changes to my DB -hope mine is in at BW Nissan

It's still in the port on HOLD. :cry:

Careful Brendan, you're opening yourself up to a flash flood of "where's my car" posts and PM's! Speaking of which, where is my car? ;)

The cost of great customer service I guess!

Res. 4/20...Ordered Oct.....Dashboard still on week of 4/22 since 4/7.....Dealer only a few miles away from the port....CS told me my car, Vin # 1873, has been at the port for more than 4 weeks.....
Nissan CS supervisor told me today that since all of the cars were parked en mass at the port, there was no way to do the AC software update in any type of order of first reserved/ordered, first out. He said this would have been a mess. So, instead they decided to just do the software fix using convenience to cars and then loaded those up for delivery when flashed. This is such a willy nilly process, with no regard for those who placed reservation/orders first.

CS said my software fix was completed on 4/26, so I asked what then is the hold up? The response was that my car is now waiting for the accessories to be applied. This is hilarious, because last week CS told me that the accessories were not holding up my delivery but the AC fix was the problem.....HAHAHAHAHAH!! Next week it will be the AC fix again!!!

These folks are absolutely nuts!

While on a live chat a few days ago, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he was busy on another call but could get back to me within 24 - 48 hours. I said, "boy o boy, that's some call!" I never did get the return call and had to try again today.

Nissan has something else going on here and I'd love to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if Steve Lopez from the LA times might be interested in a little investigation>>>??

vijayl said:
BrendanDolan said:
vijayl said:
no changes to my DB -hope mine is in at BW Nissan

It's still in the port on HOLD. :cry:
CS said the VCM update was completed on 26th. I don't have any accessories ad not sure why they have HOLD on my car!
:evil:

I'll bet you anything that if you called the CS again , they will tell you it is due to accessories not being available ! I think it is their favorite last resort excuse.

I was told that my software fix was done on 4-14. They told me this over a week ago, 7 days after receiving my 7 day email, when they also told me I should I expect my car probably in the next three days. Today my delivery date changed to 5-6. I knew it had to happen, since my week of 4-22 was about to expire. CS had nothing to offer but sympathy.

This is truly comical. I remain committed to getting the Leaf, but I am promising myself I will definitely never buy another NIssan again.

-------------
Reserved 4-20-10, ordered 9-23-10.

greenwayleaf said:
vijayl said:
CS said the VCM update was completed on 26th. I don't have any accessories ad not sure why they have HOLD on my car!
:evil:

I'll bet you anything that if you called the CS again , they will tell you it is due to accessories not being available ! I think it is their favorite last resort excuse.
They r not only idiotic, they think even their Customers are idiots. Hope they survive when other EVs hit the market.

I find myself getting slightly worked up sometimes too... but in the end it's just a car. It's not worth the stress getting worked up over it.

It'll get here when it gets here.

And - I'm sure once we finally get our cars... we will forget about this entire thing.

I just hope that Nissan gets it's act in gear for the next time around.

As of right now... they are the ONLY major car company to be releasing a purpose built EV. (The Focus doesn't count) The ONLY major car company with the kahuna's to go big or go home with EVs. They'll always have my heart because of that.

I'm wondering if there is some other problem they discovered that is quietly being fixed in the port before delivery. Seems like the best explanation for why it is taking so long to get them to the dealers. Annoying, but they will get there eventually.

cdaveb said:
My car has finally arrived home safe and sound. I was a little worried I wouldn't get it today after all- they were having some issue installing a software update, but they figured it out and my dealer came out and picked me up since I didn't have a ride.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Congratulations!! It's awesome car.

Well I am officially giving up getting the car in April, so I am switching to the May delivery thread......see ya! Nice knowin'ya. Good luck to all that still hang on for the last two days in April.

I am getting my car today.
still in April by a whisker, despite May deliver on DB.

Lucky duck. I am certainly one of those.
I will be getting a 2.5-cent discount from DWP on 500kWh/ month of power.
That will make my PV array go farther as it offsets the new usage. I was already above 100%, and have money in the DWP solar bank from the array being installed two years ago.
LADWP is the bomb.

The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.

Back