Are there J-1772 stations at the Sacramento airport?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafarmer

Of the five active sources of charge station information I am aware of:

carstations.com
recargo.com
mychargepoint.net
blinknetwork.com

And the iPhone app "plugshare"

Only Plugshare indicates the stations are J-1772.

Can someone confirm that this is the case? Two months ago I was there and the stations had NOT been updated. I'd hate to arrive and be stranded.

Thanks!

-leafarmer

I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't be the first time Plugshare has J1772 listed for an Avcon site...

Here is the EVchargernews entry:
http://www.evchargernews.com/regions/95837_7.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leafarmer said:
Of the five active sources of charge station information I am aware of:

carstations.com
recargo.com
mychargepoint.net
blinknetwork.com

And the iPhone app "plugshare"

Only Plugshare indicates the stations are J-1772. ...
Nope. Carstations has always listed the plug type. ChargePoint specifies and BlinkNetwork only has J1772 and QC and they specify between those. I'm not a Recargo member, so I don't know about them.

I charged @ level one in the free parking lot ( we always call it the cell phone lot) last night while waiting for my wife at to arrive. There are outlets in the bus stalls. Bring an extension cord if you plan on doing this.

Venk said:
I charged @ level one in the free parking lot ( we always call it the cell phone lot) last night while waiting for my wife at to arrive. There are outlets in the bus stalls. Bring an extension cord if you plan on doing this.

Very interesting. Do you know if the bus stalls in long term parking also have outlets?

-leafarmer

Thanks! I will probably try to take advantage of this.

The new terminal has been much in the news lately, but I've no mention of any charging stations in the new structure.

Does anyone know if there has been any progress on updating the SMF parking garage chargers? I'm still flying out of SFO simply because I can't charge at Sacramento.

One way a Tesla found to charge in the parking garage.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/rawshog/a74f5696.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/rawshog/614807b4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have news. I just spoke with the planner who has been working on the EV charging situation here at SMF. He told me that May 1st, 12 new Clipper Creek L2's will be put into service in the parking garage. The plan is to leave the SPI's in place and add a 3rd if you will charger. This will allow for SPI, AVCON and J1772. The way the signage and parking spaces are laid out, there could potentially be three ev's charging next to each other. No EV Charging only signs on the adjacent spots. Tesla owners can use their adapters, RAV4 owners will have SPI's, and the rest of us will have the J1772. The chargers will all be located close to tower B (closer to terminal A not terminal B) in a group on each floor of the garage. The next effort they are taking on is adding L1 at all of the bus shelters in the economy lot. I'll update if I find out more. :D

Back