Auto Club "Westways" letter to the editor

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

An issue back, the Auto Club of Southern California publication, "Westways," had an article on the Leaf. I wrote a rather lengthy letter to the editor about it, my experiences, and errors that were in the article. My cousin, who is an editor there, sent me the following email that they are going to publish it. Westways normally edits letters down to a short paragraph or so, so I have no idea what will actually get published... Hopefully, it won't make me look TOO bad!

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 7:30 PM
Subject: Westways

Hey! Toward the end of the month keep a look out for your copy of Westways magazine.

I was proofreading the book and when I reached the Letters page I noticed one about the Nissan Leaf. What a surprise it was to see that it came from you! I asked the editor in chief about it, and because he loves cars (especially electric cars), he was happy that he found one with good, positive information about the Leaf. And, we are publishing it in all three versions of the magazine (LA, OC and SD).

Mogur, good luck with your response. However, Auto Club has a vested interest that runs counter to those nut jobs out there running around in EV's. Auto Club's goal is to promote driving ... and to promote RV'ing ... and I'm not talking RV'ing in an econo car packing a tent, or pulling a teeny tear drop trailer. No - think Class 'A' ... pulling a toy hauler, etc.

I noticed (for example) THIS Highlander SUV, as I left the Auto club a short while back:
autoclub.jpg

Going back in, I got with the manager even though it'd be a waste. I asked the following: "Any reason Auto Club doesn't promote hybrids? ... for example, my credit union gives a 10% discount for EV's and hybrids." He didn't know. "Any chance the Auto Club will be installing EV charge stations?" You guessed it. Oh well.

Back