Available now? LA? Home required? What is Orphan process?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read that it's possible to lease, then pay off the remaining lease payments in a lump sum within a few months of the lease inception. The advantage is that the $7,500 federal credit is taken immediately by Nissan and is used as a down payment, so you don't have to pony up the full price of the car and wait for your tax refund in 2012. The CA $2,500 rebate would be available to you in either case. If you sell the car before three years of ownership, some part of that $2,500 might be owed back to the CVRP program, but I'm not sure of that. There has been some opinion expressed to the contrary, assuming that you sell the car in CA.

Boomer23 said:
I've read that it's possible to lease, then pay off the remaining lease payments in a lump sum within a few months of the lease inception. The advantage is that the $7,500 federal credit is taken immediately by Nissan and is used as a down payment, so you don't have to pony up the full price of the car and wait for your tax refund in 2012. The CA $2,500 rebate would be available to you in either case. If you sell the car before three years of ownership, some part of that $2,500 might be owed back to the CVRP program, but I'm not sure of that. There has been some opinion expressed to the contrary, assuming that you sell the car in CA.
For people who do this (lease then pay off right away), is the price of the vehicle negotiated up front, and the sticking point the interest rate for the lease? So all you're out is the interest cost for the first few months of the lease until you buy it out?

Back