Best battery replacement value. 2013 SL with 70k miles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasless

HI team,

I am looking for a new battery within a year or so. No rush yet but would love some advice. Should I get a used battery? If so, Copart? Ebay?

Should I wait a little longer, is there a company making them reliably yet? Would love a 40 kwh battery. Like I said, thank you for any direction and apologize for what I am sure is a duplicate thread. You guys are the best. :D

Adam

Here's my story about how I upgraded from 24->40 kWh (since you mentioned Copart).

https://www.myeva.org/blog/keeping-your-nissan-leaf

Good luck with whatever you do!

In summary, whether to choose a used or new battery and when to replace it depends on the condition of your current battery, your budget, and your long-term goals for your EV. It's essential to carefully weigh the pros and cons and seek professional advice to make the best decision for your specific situation

geometry dash lite

gasless said:
HI team,

I am looking for a new battery within a year or so. No rush yet but would love some advice. Should I get a used batteryuno online? If so, Copart? Ebay?

Should I wait a little longer, is there a company making them reliably yet? Would love a 40 kwh battery. Like I said, thank you for any direction and apologize for what I am sure is a duplicate thread. You guys are the best. :D

Adam

Sorry, but if I was you, I would not buy used batteries because they may come with certain risks and uncertainties.

Stanton said:
Here's my story about how I upgraded from 24->40 kWh (since you mentioned Copart).

https://www.myeva.org/blog/keeping-your-nissan-leaftiny fishing

Nissan is currently using two larger battery packs in the LEAF: the 40 kWh pack and the 62 kWh pack.

HI team,

I am looking for a new battery within a year or so. No rush yet but would love some advice. Should I get a used battery? If so, Copart? Ebay?

Drift Boss

You can now have a LRN 40 kWh battery pack for the Nissan Leaf installed at any of the Leaf Repair Network shops in the US and Canada.

Once it is ordered the part would arrive in ~5-10 business days. Get your car to the shop and the guys/gals will install it for you.
- All New cells
- 150 mile range
- 3 year/36,000 mile part warranty

It will cost ~$14,000. Each shop is independently owned and operated, so prices vary by region.
You are not in a rush, so you have time to make calls and ask any questions you might have.
Here a FAQ to get you started. LRN 40 kWh battery FAQ – Leaf Repair Network

This is much different than buying a degraded/Used battery pack. And it's reflected in the price.
As much as I wish it could be less for customers, this is the reality of where we are.
I enjoy talking about this topic, so feel free to contact me any time.

Last edited:
I called my local dealer, Robbins, here in Houston to check the availability/price of 24 kWh batteries. I did this not to actually purchase one but in order to confirm my suspicion, based on some of the threads I have seen, that Nissan does not make these anymore; I did this to load my gun to continue my conversation/argument with Nissan corporate regarding their broken 2014 commitment to a $5400 replacement battery . I did this two years ago and was told they would have to check their supplier for price, which they did, and then told me they were $8k. The parts department told me they were unable to check availability and that I would have to bring the car in to their service dept.! So I called service to find out why this is so over the top stupid. They didn't know but said the tech has to check the car out. I said check the car for what? The fact that I have a 1/2 life battery and want to purchase a new one? She said that's how it works. So I asked how much that would cost and she said nothing. But it will cost me 3 days of leaving my car in the shop; I'm like can't I make an appointment and she said the appointment is to talk to a service adviser!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, she did manage to get the price out of the tech: $12k!!!!!!!!!!! I will be calling corporate tomorrow to complain about this procedure. My dear forum friends, do yourself a favor, NEVER EVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN, and tell those you love as well.

Back