big problem or not

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandokan

my 2015 nissan leaf will not turn off all the dash lights are on and when i try to switch off it comes back on -key system fault comes up on dash-the fog lamps are on and i cannot get the charging flap to open i am desperate please help me

You most likely need a new 12V battery. They are most likely to fail in very cold weather. Unfortunately, you will also likely need someone nearby to clear all the DTC codes generated by the bad battery before you will be able to drive the car again. Unless you have a buddy with LeafSpy, it probably means a tow to the dealer.

As well as the possible 12v battery problem, it might also be an indication of water getting into the car.

People have had similar problems when water has got into the wiring or an electrical connector.
Also some of the electrical modules behind the dash & glovebox have filled with water due to leaks from the windscreen etc.

Check all the carpets to see if they are wet or damp.

This happened to me about 7 years ago. I'd moved to a different city, there was no cell service, and the Leaf data modem tried to connect for two days until the 12 volt battery was almost dead.

When I started the Leaf, there were warning lights and the car refused to turn off. It was towed to the dealership with the dash lights still on, there was no other way.

The beautiful solution was to Disable the data connection from the touch screen. Then the data modem sleeps soundly and the 12 volt battery never ran down again. By the way, replacing the data modem didn't help. It was the lack of cell service that kept it trying hour after hour until it had drained the battery. Nobody at Nissan had any clue, this forum supplied the answer.

Back