Blacked-out front "grille"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2THDOC

I wanted to make the front of the Leaf more "Tesla-ish" (I know, it's a stretch!) and have the upper part of the grille recess in gloss black. I used 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl wrap on the recess above the chrome strip. Took me three tries working with this material to finally get it right. The secret is to not try to make a template and cut the material to the exact size. Cut a larger piece, apply, then cut the excess with a sharp Exacto knife. It gives the car that wide-mouth-bass look.

Does anyone have a suggestion for aftermarket fog lamps? I hate the look of the blanks where the fog lights are supposed to go. I'm trying to make the car look less like the S that it is. Thanks to PatricioEV for the idea to replace the rims with Juke rims. Really transformed the look.

<Paul Hogan>That's not blacked out...

9eGwYcSActPR6wwt41g1qauw3Yqh1IIo4pixJAn-uokq=s600-no

:D

I found the rims on ebay. There are always people or shops that have switched out the standard Juke rims for aftermarket ones. There are a few listings right now. They are 17" rims so you would have to buy new tires as well. I used 215/50/17 Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. In response to your other question, I didn't lower the car. In fact, it sits slightly higher with the new rims and tires. In retrospect, I should have gone with a lower aspect ratio. Thanks for the comments

The photos are not very good. I didn't do anything to the lower half below the chrome strip. That still is open for cooling. I just applied vinyl film to the upper half that was body-colored.

Hi Everyone! I like share photos of my leaf. Still is in progress, will be ready soon. How You like it?
I made black (nitro) roof, grill, mirrors, back widows. Still I am waiting for black 17 rims.

idJiKEuVj

idB1pF8cj

hlyZRSSKj

garsh said:
<Paul Hogan>That's not blacked out...

9eGwYcSActPR6wwt41g1qauw3Yqh1IIo4pixJAn-uokq=s600-no

:D

Do you have any tips about wrapping that trim piece? Although I mounted my DRLs right below that trim piece, I'd like to try this.

Back