BLACKOUT CARWINGS Event

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have posted an event in several LEAF specific groups on Facebook, I have created a public event that should be visible by all.

http://www.facebook.com/events/439296326106199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think generally everybody is willing to share their driving records with Nissan & the EV Project and others. but we just want to stop having to press "Accept" all the time.

kcarmich said:
I have posted an event in several LEAF specific groups on Facebook, I have created a public event that should be visible by all.

http://www.facebook.com/events/439296326106199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think generally everybody is willing to share their driving records with Nissan & the EV Project and others. but we just want to stop having to press "Accept" all the time.

by the way, I have to laugh every time I see your forum screen name. I think of this...

280px-85-89_Dodge_Aries_sedan.jpg

palmermd said:
ok, it might be a good idea since it will let them know truly how many people read this and are annoyed by it, but how did you choose that day? Any particular reason?

And I have to admit, I thought that when I read the title you were about to complain about all the carwings downtime. I've noticed that it has been very finicky lately.

I chose Black Friday, as it is over a month away, and will give us time to get the word out to EV drivers,Nissan and media.
Black Friday isn't your ordinary commute to work day and will have some different driving patterns that would be of value to Nissan and others.

palmermd said:
kcarmich said:

by the way, I have to laugh every time I see your forum screen name. I think of this...

ah yes!! Chrysler K cars...a VERY forgettable product

kcarmich said:

Add it to the first post! :cool:

I invited both LEAF owners I know on FB...

kcarmich said:
palmermd said:
ok, it might be a good idea since it will let them know truly how many people read this and are annoyed by it, but how did you choose that day? Any particular reason?

And I have to admit, I thought that when I read the title you were about to complain about all the carwings downtime. I've noticed that it has been very finicky lately.

I chose Black Friday, as it is over a month away, and will give us time to get the word out to EV drivers,Nissan and media.
Black Friday isn't your ordinary commute to work day and will have some different driving patterns that would be of value to Nissan and others.

ah, I did not see the connection. Seems like a good day to choose. Why not. It will be interesting to see the response to all this. Thanks for organizing this.

DaveinOlyWA said:
palmermd said:
kcarmich said:

ah yes!! Chrysler K cars...a VERY forgettable product

You are crazy :shock: I found them very Reliant.

Looks like CarWings launched a pre-emptive attack by blacking itself out this morning - servers not responding to multiple attempts to login to the Leaf app both on Android and iOS devices.

Called Nissan Customer Care an hour ago to confirm. After piercing through the rep's ridiculous replies to my direct question asking if the servers were down - "How long have you had an account?" etc. - he confirmed the issue, and said the problem started this a.m. and that they were working on it.

Why is it so hard for customer service to simply acknowledge there is a problem on their end? Totally unacceptable and counterproductive. Hmm...but this IS Nissan, is there a pattern here???

timhebb said:
Looks like CarWings launched a pre-emptive attack by blacking itself out this morning - servers not responding to multiple attempts to login to the Leaf app both on Android and iOS devices.

Called Nissan Customer Care an hour ago to confirm. After piercing through the rep's ridiculous replies to my direct question asking if the servers were down - "How long have you had an account?" etc. - he confirmed the issue, and said the problem started this a.m. and that they were working on it.

Why is it so hard for customer service to simply acknowledge there is a problem on their end? Totally unacceptable and counterproductive. Hmm...but this IS Nissan, is there a pattern here???

from FB, it looks like Carwings has been down a day or two but their text msg notifications are still working. just got one 10 minutes ago

Well, yes and no... I got three charging completed message from three different charging events over two days all at the same time about two hours ago...

When I first got my Leaf, Carwings kept failing. After quite a few phone calls to Nissan and following their suggestions that had no effect, they finally figured out I had to re-send the Carwings user ID and password. But then it stopped again. Re-sent the user ID/password. Failed a week later. It never filled in the missing days of data, though. After 4 or 5 cycles of this nonsense I gave up and now just press the map button and avoid the whole mess. The only thing that works on Carwings is going to the website to check the status of charging, but it's just as easy to go to my garage, turn on the car, and see. Plus then I can see if my battery temperature bars have gone up, GOM miles, etcetera. Too bad that's not available information. As to the protest event, I suppose I could reboot it one more time and then press "no"? Mind you, I have a hard time believing (based on my calls to Nissan) that they give a darn. I love my Leaf, but NOT Nissan Corp.

DaveinOlyWA said:
timhebb said:

from FB, it looks like Carwings has been down a day or two but their text msg notifications are still working. just got one 10 minutes ago

Was working for me last night and other than an outage or two in the past several months now I get this ... of course I have not changed anything so will wait until someone happens to see an all clear; anyone else seeing this as well; don't plan to call CS unless this stays this way for longer than a day or so?

10-11-2012%208-19-44%20AM.jpg

EDIT: well that didn't take very long, back to normal and didn't lose any data -- A-OK by 9:23AM Central

Back