Blink acknowledges that I have left the EV Project

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
Or they will come out and replace the cable set with a new one, now crimped properly, if you have a problem. That is what they did on mine.

In fact they are now doing it proactively, at least for people that they detect are running the unit at 30A on occasion, as I am doing with the Fit EV. They are to come out this week to replace mine.

I'm a doofus - it wasn't December of 2011, it was 2010. I have had my charger for more than 2 years, I just did the math wrong in my head.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this - when I moved, which wasn't planned but necessary, I tried to get them to let me move it. I was told by the electrician that I needed permission. So when I tried to get that permission, I got a lot of silence and lack of contact. I appreciate the bootstraps approach you took, but I had a very different experience, and trying to move, get this crap taken care of, and help out my parents was more than I had the time and energy for. They have never contacted me, even when I tried to contact them, except once when I first got the charger and it wouldn't charge the car.

We had to move, so we did, and left it behind. Now they're suddenly interested, but I'm "outside the area" for them, whatever that means. I moved about 10 miles west, so I guess they go by ZIP code.

Lynza said:
... it wasn't December of 2011, it was 2010. I have had my charger for more than 2 years...
Well, that's a horse of a different color. I'd say you own it since Jan 1 unless:

a) You accepted the agreement to extend through Dec 2013
b) They notified you of their desire to cancel the agreement before Jan 1.

"A" is tricky because they were slipping agreements to extend into their signup page for membership. There was a required check box asking you to agree to a new "RPA". If you signed up for a membership, you may have extended the agreement. Later (Fall 2012), they finally removed the check box.

Assuming neither of those, I'd tell them to pound sand (politely, of course). IMHO, the agreement is over and the Blink is yours. If you want the Blink at the new place, call an electrician and have it done.

Lynza said:
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this - when I moved, which wasn't planned but necessary, I tried to get them to let me move it. I was told by the electrician that I needed permission. So when I tried to get that permission, I got a lot of silence and lack of contact. I appreciate the bootstraps approach you took, but I had a very different experience, and trying to move, get this crap taken care of, and help out my parents was more than I had the time and energy for. They have never contacted me, even when I tried to contact them, except once when I first got the charger and it wouldn't charge the car.
I can imagine. It took persistence to get anyone to respond to me when I wanted to move. I had to email the people in charge of the local Ecotality office directly before they responded.

I should have found this thread earlier. I didn't sign up for another year because I plan to move to an area that is not covered by the EV project and take the EVSE with me. They told me if I signed the contract I'd have to give them back my unit when I move which I wasn't okay with. I had close to 0 issues with my unit (knocking on wood).

Does anyone have an image of their sdcard they could send me and/or make available? I am, as of this morning, faced with the dreaded black screen of death. Since blink's death, I don't know who to contact to get someone out to look at the thing. Nor can I locate my original paperwork regarding contact numbers even were they to still be a functioning organization.

Since this appears to generally be a failed/corrupt sdcard, I don't have much to lose by cracking it open and attempting an sdcard restore. However, I was never allowed to make a copy of the card before it was installed so I don't have the image to restore from.

Anyone w/an image they might share or point me towards a commonly accessible image of known swellness?

Thanks!

There is a link to one elsewhere on the board here, in a fairly recent thread...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=331354#p331354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NaCl said:
Does anyone have an image of their sdcard they could send me and/or make available?

Back