Blink double billing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10599

I finally charged at a Blink station, $1 for 1 hour. That shows fine on my statement.

But today, they "settled" the account twice for $1 each time against my credit card. :(

Anyone else get double dipped? If not, then I wonder why I got zinged as I would think that their end of month settlement would be a rather routine automated process that should be fairly fool proof by now.

I really hope they can get their act together - they have the bulk of the nearby stations. A month and a half of trying, and I still don't have an RFID card. Now this?

I sent their customer service an e-mail. I will advise once this is resolved. Hopefully it won't take that long.

I sincerely hope it is a simple error by their IT dept. The thought crossed my mind that recovering funds from a bankrupt company won't be fun.

I got two emails today for bills of $0. I don't care because 2*0=0, but I bet if I used a charger I'd have been doubled up just like you.

pkulak said:
I got two emails today for bills of $0. I don't care because 2*0=0, but I bet if I used a charger I'd have been doubled up just like you.
Ditto. I used nothing on the Blink network also got 2 $0 emails, like you.

DarthPuppy said:
But today, they "settled" the account twice for $1 each time against my credit card. :(
I have a duplicate Blink charge on my credit card as well, however neither one is settled yet. As someone who has worked with credit card processing in the past, I won't be concerned until the charges are settled.

Horribly run company.. hope their current bankruptcy status completely dismantles the company but leaves the EV network intact to be run by a legitimate company.

This happened to me last month and again this month. The charges appeared about 12 hours apart. The second charge was fixed before I got around to contacting them later in the week last month. I'll wait and see what happens this month.

BiosDude said:
This happened to me last month and again this month. The charges appeared about 12 hours apart. The second charge was fixed before I got around to contacting them later in the week last month. I'll wait and see what happens this month.

Same thing for me too.

Ok, so this seems like a recurring issue but at least it sounds like they do fix it.

Thanks for the insight.

I called them & they said they knew about the problem & are working on it right now.

First time they've double billed me. My largest Blink bill yet... a whole $12.00 for 3 trips out of town.

Man these electric cars are expensive to drive ! :lol:

I know. At only $1, I'm not getting upset. I'm just glad to finally be able to be a customer since they have so many of the charging stations near me.

Now if they can just figure out how to mail out those RFID cards....

On the plus side, yesterday I found a convenient ChargePoint station. And they were prompt in getting me one of their cards. So soon I will be able to test if that network works as intended.

There are Blinks all over Tennessee, haven't ever seen another network.

That being said, I said, I signed up for Blink, Charge Point & I think one other about 3 months before I got my LEAF. Looks like it was a good idea, most are mentioning slow card mailings it seems.

Yes it happened to me too. The first email shows a 0 balance, the second shows a $5 credit. My credit card shows 2 $5 deductions. The numbers match up. It's just that they owe me $5 instead of the other way around now. Kind of a boneheaded thing to do. I am contemplating disputing the second charge to my card.

Just dispute the CC charges, Blink won't win and you all won't pay. Problem solved easily. If you have an Amex they will write it off with a phone call, no paperwork. This company never seems to give up on their incompetence or greed.

yea its a little different for me since I have to rely on charging everyday just to make it home (stupid battery capacity loss) from work. Add my wife plugging in at school with her volt (cost the same for gas per mile as it does for electricty per mile so might as well) and you can see my bill being significantly higher. I don't mind the double billing as long as the credit stays in the account - i.e., I pay that much less next month. It seems it does (I have a positive balance), so eh, they screwed up but at least I don't loose that money.

EVDRIVER said:
Just dispute the CC charges, Blink won't win and you all won't pay. Problem solved easily. If you have an Amex they will write it off with a phone call, no paperwork. This company never seems to give up on their incompetence or greed.
Exactly. We still have to wait for the charges to settle however before they can be disputed.

They provided an appropriate e-mail response indicating they are working on fixing that.

Looking at my statement, it's clear they are struggling with how to do that. There are two "Administrative Refunds" which appear to cancel each other out and now a "manual correction" which now shows my account balance as $0.00 instead of a $1.00 credit balance. However, my credit card is not yet showing the $1.00 as having returned to my account.

Oddly, my credit card is still showing the two $1.00 charges as pending. I don't recall charges showing as pending for more than 1 business day before.

I'll update again when this seems to get resolved.

Back