Bouncing down arrow on nissanusa.com must be toned down

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhanson865

Go to http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/versions-specifications?next=ev_micro.section_nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and watch for a bouncing down "arrow" or "chevron". It fades in at the bottom of the screen as it is moving downward, bounces up, then back down, again up, and again down, a third bounce up as it fades away.

This god awful bouncing graphic is distracting and annoying. I know why they put it there as there are people that aren't computer savvy that will be unaware that more information is lower on the page but for god sakes make the thing bounce 1 time not 3 times!.

I tried to do the feedback on the nissan website and/or take the site survey but my work proxy blocks the feedback and survey forms so I coudln't make my comments there.

If anybody knows the webdesigner(s) or middle management that can address this at nissan usa please do forward this comment to them.

fwiw I went there to look for 2013 specs and pricing but it isn't up yet. As I had nothing to do I thought I'd double check some specs on the 2012 models while waiting for the site to be updated.

Every single time I scrolled up or down the page or expanded or collapsed a section of specs that stupid animation played again. I couldn't force myself to read 1/10th of the specs before I had to close the page.

also fwiw the work browser of force is currently IE 8 though I'm sure it'll be IE 9 shortly as that is being tested. At home I would have had the choice between Firefox (with adblock+, flashblock, ghostery, etc), Chrome, or heaven forbid IE so I might have been able to avoid the animation depending on how it was delivered.

Back