Buy 2015 SL in Atlanta - Is this a good deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmiller

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a 2015 base SL (no premium package). I've looked at TrueCar, etc. in my area. I've been able to negotiate a dealer to to $32,200 - $3,500 NMAC cash for a $28,700 price on the SL. Add in taxes, etc. and I'm at $30,800 all in.

Is that a good deal on a '15 SL without premium package for a purchase?

If only I had a crystal ball to see what Nissan's end of year/December incentives would be.

Thanks!

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

You may not have use cases or be in an area where you should even lease a Leaf, let alone buy.

cwerdna said:
Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

You may not have use cases or be in an area where you should even lease a Leaf, let alone buy.

Thanks for the reply, I've updated my location (Atlanta, GA)

This will be a commuter car. 52 miles round trip during the work week. There is a Level 2 charger available at my office, as well as several other Blink/ChargePoint devices within a block or so. My plan is to install a Level 2 charger in my garage, charge at night, and charge during the day at the office if I need to.

I would much rather buy than lease for a number of reasons.

Given those purchase numbers, is that a fair deal?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
You're situation is a good fit. $30.8k is a good price. Can you take the whole federal tax credit? Factor in the GA credit and you've got a sweet deal. Do it.

Yes, I can take the entire federal and state credits, so there would be another $12,500 off that price once everything is filed.

kmiller said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
You're situation is a good fit. $30.8k is a good price. Can you take the whole federal tax credit? Factor in the GA credit and you've got a sweet deal. Do it.

Yes, I can take the entire federal and state credits, so there would be another $12,500 off that price once everything is filed.

Nice work, kmiller. I just picked up a base SL (no premium package) on Friday myself, up in Roswell. My vehicle cost was $32,191 before NMAC cash and/or any tax credits so it seems we're right on par. I was about to ask the same question about my deal.

I ended up leasing at $365/mo for 24 months and 15K miles/year, only thing due at signing was first payment of $365.

I found it interesting to see what seemed to be a lack of SL's out there without the premium package. Very happy with it thus far. Happy driving to you and thanks to other contributors to the board here! Extremely helpful in my research, especially for such a different vehicle.

Hey guys,

Quick update here: The LEAF I originally negotiated on was sold (they're selling fast in Atlanta, day of delivery in many cases!)

I've negotiated a new deal, different dealership, same trim (SL, no premium, includes cargo mats).

Purchase Price: $31,692
Less NMAC Cash: $3,500
Tax/Tags/Title/Fees: $2,658 (includes ad valorem)
Out the door at $30,850

$7,500 and $5,000 state credit both to come off of the $30,850 price.

Thank you for the comments above - it sounds like this is a pretty good deal. What do you guys think? Can I do better?

bllzglr, congrats on your LEAF! I imagine you bought from Regal? I had a great experience there.

Thanks all!

Back