CA Rebate fund gets another $5 million!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect my Leaf in the April to May period. I doubt very much i will ever see the $5,000. This state is going broke and may ultimately default on bond holders. Do you think they can continue to budget money for EV`s in these circumstance. My budget does not include the $5,000 and anyone counting on the $5,000. to make ends meet may be in trouble

stanley said:
I expect my Leaf in the April to May period. I doubt very much i will ever see the $5,000. This state is going broke and may ultimately default on bond holders. Do you think they can continue to budget money for EV`s in these circumstance. My budget does not include the $5,000 and anyone counting on the $5,000. to make ends meet may be in trouble
I think you may be able to get your rebate under the current funding, Stanley. I would not despair about future funding just yet. There is still $8M in the pot right now that is already allocated ($3.1M still from last year, and $5M from this year's budget.) That is enough for rebates to 1,600 Leaf owners. Granted, there are other vehicles eligible, but they have not been sold in large numbers yet. Since it's inception, only 16% of the fund has been reserved so far. Unless some large fleet orders for the electric trucks that are eligible for a $20K rebate start sucking funds quickly, or Tesla sales take off in CA (which is unlikely, as the price automatically makes them a niche product), there are not many vehicles to compete with Leaf sales for the money. An April or May delivery like yours may still be among the first 1500 Leafs sold in CA.

Keep your eye on the CVRP status graph as your delivery date approaches and keep your fingers crossed. That's what I'm doing. :D

TT

Back