Can I use my 2013 SV to jump my wifes car in a pinch?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMYK4Life

I am a new Leaf owner 1 month in.

Today I was thinking about what my wife's ICE car maint. Car wash, detail, oil change, possible battery.

Then it hit me, battery!, what if I do not replace her battery in time.... and we wake up one morning to goto work.. and her car needs a 'jump'

You know, good ole fashoned jump, with regular jumper cables.

Can I jump an ICE car or truck with my Leaf?

This has happened to us before its possible it may happen again in the future.

Yes, you can jump start an ICE vehicle with the LEAF. Turn the LEAF on to ready.
Use standard connection procedure - plus to plus, negative to negative. Do NOT use the LEAF negative battery terminal, use the frame.

CMYK4Life said:
I am a new Leaf owner 1 month in.

Today I was thinking about what my wife's ICE car maint. Car wash, detail, oil change, possible battery.

Then it hit me, battery!, what if I do not replace her battery in time.... and we wake up one morning to goto work.. and her car needs a 'jump'

You know, good ole fashoned jump, with regular jumper cables.

Can I jump an ICE car or truck with my Leaf?

This has happened to us before its possible it may happen again in the future.

To add to other posters, ALWAYS connect BOTH negative cable clips on each car to the Ground on the LEAF
(nut on Inverter/Converter), and engine block on the ICE car.

Here's how I do it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0YzLD_XTL0[/youtube]

Turn the LEAF on.
Connect the Gas Car's positive battery terminal to the LEAF's positive battery terminal.
Connect the Gas Car's negative battery terminal to LEAF DC/DC converter (or anything else that has bare metal, DC/DC is convenient)
Rev the LEAF's engin--- oh wait, nevermind.
Start the gas car.

Tada!

Back