Can't get Leaf to Authenticate with Car Wings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjarmel

Picked up a 2012 Leaf on Friday and have been trying to get the Leaf to authenticate with Car Wings to no avail.

I've created the account on the website and obtained the Username (PIN) and Password from Nissan to type into the Car Wings section on the NAV.

I entered the correct username and password, touch sign in, and get Please Wait, then I hear the voice from the Navi say connection to information center, and a second later I see a blue notification that says No Service.

I've tried this at the dealer, at home, and a couple of places around town.

The Navi works just fine otherwise.

Any ideas?

When you are trying to register, is there an icon that shows a car with a diagonal slash mark on it ? Looks kinda inactive icon ? Seems like the dealer has not turned on the TCU (Telematcis Control Unit). I had the same issue with mine when I picked it up last week. Apparently, the Dealer forgot to turn on the Telematics Control Unit before delivering the car.

Bingo, that was the issue. Took it back to the dealer and had that activated, problem solved.

Back