Car status desktop gadget Windows 7

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryjpowell

Has anyone attempted to create a desktop gadget in Windows 7 that would allow an automatically refreshed update of the vehicle status? You could configure it to refresh every 15 min, 30 min or hourly etc. The I wouldn't need to go login to my Nissan page and refresh.

Seems it would be a great way to keep an eye on daytime charging while at work or home....

harryjpowell said:
Has anyone attempted to create a desktop gadget in Windows 7 that would allow an automatically refreshed update of the vehicle status? You could configure it to refresh every 15 min, 30 min or hourly etc. The I wouldn't need to go login to my Nissan page and refresh.

Seems it would be a great way to keep an eye on daytime charging while at work or home....

+1

+1 -- as I don't have an iPhone but do have a company provided Windows Phone 7 (HTC Trophy) this could be a stop gap until someone develops a mobile app for my smart phone.

Or how about a simple mobile-optimized web site. Now that I have my LEAF and get to see Carwings first hand, it certainly is not this complicated thing that necessarily warrants smartphone apps and the like. I don't have a smartphone either (but I can access the web on it) and it would be nice to just access a simple version of the Carwings web site from my phone, but it says I need some fancy Flash support to use it. I have no idea why they needed to design the web page with Flash because it's really just a few simple graphics and buttons.

Back