Car wouldn't start, now does after charging. What happened?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WP_20170405_10_54_15_Pro_zpsobahxni7.jpg

There! I hope that fixes the dead battery!

I also have that PriorityStart battery saver ordered. We'll see if it fits and works too.

Looks nice :cool:
You are faster than I :oops: I ordered my Optima yellow top battery last fall when I thought I was having 12v battery issues with my Leaf, but it turned out to just be low on charge, I've been using a battery minder once every week or two and it's been working fine. So there sits my Optima on a shelf(where I also charge it every few weeks or so) as I figure why hook it up if my OEM is still working.....I do think I got a good deal on it though, I believe it was $149 off Amazon but shortly after purchasing it, it went up to $199 where it was the last I looked, MUCH cheaper than locally where I believe I was quoted $250-$300 at the time!
Just curious, what is that bag doing under the hold-down bracket?.....
Your valve cover(charger cover??) looks like mine, all oxidized, I've thought of trying to clean it up and make it look shiny but I'm not sure what to use :? My '12 doesn't look like that nor a '15 I looked at, which looked like it had a kind of coating to prevent such oxidation. I think thats a weak spot on the '13's.

jjeff said:
Looks nice :cool: ...
Just curious, what is that bag doing under the hold-down bracket?.....
Thanks! I bought the battery at O'Reilly's for $199 plus tax. That's the receipt. I know they probably have me in thier system but I like hanging onto the receipt that says "three year warranty" on it.

Once I bought a 1993 Mazda 323 and got it for $250 because the car didn't run. Turns out the battery was bad, but there was a receipt with a 3 year warranty in a bag on the battery. So I took in the battery and got a free replacement. Then put that in the car and drove it home.
jjeff said:
Your valve cover(charger cover??) looks like mine, all oxidized, I've thought of trying to clean it up and make it look shiny but I'm not sure what to use :? My '12 doesn't look like that nor a '15 I looked at, which looked like it had a kind of coating to prevent such oxidation. I think thats a weak spot on the '13's.

Isn't it magnesium? I know the ol' VW Beetle's magnesium engine gets like that. I just painted the Bug's flat black to help shed the heat. I thought of getting it ceramic coated to shed heat. I think on the Leaf heat isn't a problem. Maybe I'll take it off and get it powder coated some day.

IssacZachary said:
WP_20170405_10_54_15_Pro_zpsobahxni7.jpg

There! I hope that fixes the dead battery!

I also have that PriorityStart battery saver ordered. We'll see if it fits and works too.

Has the PriorityStart! battery saver worked well, and are there any negative side effects? I'm about to order one.

My 2013 Leaf 12v battery has died once every 6 months or so since new, typically on a Monday morning after not driving it on Sunday. I switched to a larger $250 Optima Yellow Top D35 AGM battery, but still having the same problem - just less often.

Details and Photo of my Optima install: https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18129&p=596087#p596087

Back