Cargo Organizer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRONZ said:
It is very useful if you want to carry smaller (possibly expensive) items out of sight AND not going to carry anything very tall. Ex; brown paper bags of groceries are taller than the space left below the privacy lid.
I would assume if you have the organizer, you don't need or want the privacy lid. It would just get crowded in there.
Also the trunk "floor" mat is not cut to fit on top of the smaller organizer lid.
Hmm.. the $170? floor mats are sounding less and less like a good idea.

I realize that I am very late to this thread, but figured I'd throw in my two cents in the hopes it would help someone else.

I got this cargo organizer as part of my negotiations for the car. I paid "half price", which was really half of full dealership retail, or something like $125.

I definitely would not buy it again. The lids are not hinged, so if I have anything else on top of them and lift them to get something out of the organizer, the back edge of the lid falls down into the bin area, and I can't get it to sit flat again without moving everything off of it. But at the same time, the lids are tethered to the bin by straps, so I can't just pick them up and get them out of the way completely.
From looking at the construction, I suspect that the reason the lids aren't hinged is that the material is flimsy enough that the hinges would tear loose before too long.

All in all, I think I'd be better off with some sturdy storage boxes from Home Depot or the Container Store or some such.

Back