CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdunmyer said:
Apparently, the LeafLink app is dead/unsupported, so I'm forced back to the Nissan EV app. It works, but is slow and requires a lot of 'button presses'. I have to do this: (using iPhone 6)

Sign in.
Hit the "update" button (little circle thingy).
Wait, sometimes takes a few minutes.
Press the Climate Control button (Fan symbol at the bottom of the screen)
Press the button for "Climate Control Off". "On" is not available.
Wait for "Message has been sent" w/Checkmark
Monkey around, exit program, re-enter, until pressing the CC (Fan symbol) brings up the "Climate Control On" button.
Press the "on" button and wait for the "Message has been sent" w/Checkmark.

Exit restaurant and enter my warm car.

My main problem is the requirement to turn the CC 'off' before I can turn it 'on'.

Is this the way it works, or am I missing something? It sure would be nice to be able to hit just one or 2 buttons and have it happen, that would be almost as good as those poor slobs with their conventional Remote Start fobs. :)

I hope by sign in you mean you open the app and wait for it to open, if you are actually typing in a password you can automate that.

You don't need to do the update unless you want to see the range remaining / charging status.

Just go straight to the climate control. You will have to do the stupid off then on extra step unless you want to use the set timer interface and set the timer for 2 mins ahead or something.

You shouldn't have to exit the program and enter again to get CC on. You may not get confirmation right away and just waiting might be all you need to do.

All in all it sounds like you are doing 3 or 4 steps you don't need to do.

You're right, I don't type the username/password. Will try going direct to the CC function w/o requesting an update; it seems that the app required that, but maybe that was the 'other' app.

I figured out a workaround to make it 'seem' a bit quicker:

Open the app and go through everything including turning the CC 'off', then put the phone aside. When we're getting close to leaving, open up the app again and turn the CC 'on'.

Tried that tonight and it worked reasonably well. My buddy was with me and told me that his Chevy truck can be started with either the remote starter button OR the phone. I'm glad I didn't have to witness it, or it would probably have been humiliating. :oops:

I'm sure that Nissan has some very competent engineers & programmers on staff, you'd think they could do better on this situation.

jdunmyer said:
You're right, I don't type the username/password. Will try going direct to the CC function w/o requesting an update; it seems that the app required that, but maybe that was the 'other' app.

I figured out a workaround to make it 'seem' a bit quicker:

Open the app and go through everything including turning the CC 'off', then put the phone aside. When we're getting close to leaving, open up the app again and turn the CC 'on'.

Tried that tonight and it worked reasonably well. My buddy was with me and told me that his Chevy truck can be started with either the remote starter button OR the phone. I'm glad I didn't have to witness it, or it would probably have been humiliating. :oops:

I'm sure that Nissan has some very competent engineers & programmers on staff, you'd think they could do better on this situation.

My iPad only shows CC "on" or "timer" option once you hit the fan icon for CC. No "off"?????

jdunmyer said:
Apparently, the LeafLink app is dead/unsupported, so I'm forced back to the Nissan EV app. It works, but is slow and requires a lot of 'button presses'. I have to do this: (using iPhone 6)

LeafLink is not dead (yet)! You need to update the settings/website link (in NissanConnect EV) to accommodate the conversion from CW to NissanConnect EV. Read the "help" (or "?") in the LL app for instructions.

My iPad only shows CC "on" or "timer" option once you hit the fan icon for CC. No "off"?????

Interesting: my iPhone shows "off" or "timer". Once I press "Off", it will return with "Request Sent" and a checkmark. I then press the "home" button, wait a bit, then try the CC button and I'll have the "on" or "timer" selections.

Will try the LL app again and see if I can get it to work, I must have missed something.

Stanton said:
LeafLink is not dead (yet)! You need to update the settings/website link (in NissanConnect EV) to accommodate the conversion from CW to NissanConnect EV. Read the "help" (or "?") in the LL app for instructions.

The LL app seems to be trying to connect when it first opens, but is never successful. The Help file says something to the effect of "try the Nissan EV app, if it works, contact Support". I have done that, but gotten no reply. The Nissan EV app does work, it's just slow and cumbersome, the LL app is more elegant and worked much more smoothly when it worked.

jdunmyer said:
The LL app seems to be trying to connect when it first opens, but is never successful. The Help file says something to the effect of "try the Nissan EV app, if it works, contact Support". I have done that, but gotten no reply. The Nissan EV app does work, it's just slow and cumbersome, the LL app is more elegant and worked much more smoothly when it worked.

All I can say is...I used LL just last night for a charge status while out. LL and the Nissan app use the same (CarWings) entry point, so if one works, the other should. The only difference is app functionality (which is why I like LL).

Stanton,
The LL app on my phone stalls while trying to connect; it has the little loopy thing near the upper LH corner of the screen that never stops looping.

When trying to get the Nissan app working, the T.S. guy told me to delete the app from the cloud and download it "fresh". (remember that I have also upgraded my phone from a -5 to a -6). I never did figure that out, but somehow the app began working.

I enlisted the help of the neighbor's teenage daughter to delete the LL app from the iCloud, but she was not successful. Every time I delete and re-download the app, it comes from the cloud, so is pre-configured. Mind you, if I press the "?" button, I get the Carwings Account setup information, and it appears to be correct, using my email address for the username.

Any ideas?

jdunmyer said:
Stanton,
The LL app on my phone stalls while trying to connect; it has the little loopy thing near the upper LH corner of the screen that never stops looping.

When trying to get the Nissan app working, the T.S. guy told me to delete the app from the cloud and download it "fresh". (remember that I have also upgraded my phone from a -5 to a -6). I never did figure that out, but somehow the app began working.

What you describe definitely sounds like a log-on issue (did you change your user ID or password in the transition?), but the whole "cloud" thing sounds like an Apple problem. I don't mess with (Apple) cloud so I'm not much help there. My experience is when I delete/download an app, it's a clean install.

For iOS users, I found that if I force quit the Nissan iPhone app after activating the Climate Control, the next time I launched the app, I wouldn't have to do the dance of turning off the climate control (which was really off) before I could send the On command. Of course, the next time you launch the app, you have to wait 30 seconds for it to login, but it seems faster to me.

It seems to me, the option to "Stop Charging" from the new "Nissan EV" App is no longer available. It used to be a feature in Carwings. You could not just remotely start charging, but stop charging as well.

Can someone confirm?

mihird said:
It seems to me, the option to "Stop Charging" from the new "Nissan EV" App is no longer available. It used to be a feature in Carwings. You could not just remotely start charging, but stop charging as well.

Can someone confirm?

No, you could only turn off the climate control, not stop charging.

Thanks, Aha..I might be using the Chargepoint app. to shut down charging remotely. The charging network apps. certainly allow you to do that.

All sales of 2016 Leafs in Europe on hold as NissanConnect can't stop rebooting.

https://transportevolved.com/2016/02/01/customers-left-frustrated-as-2016-nissan-leaf-electric-car-deliveries-halted-in-europe-due-to-telematics-system-error/

This new app does have its quirks; after scheduling a pre-heat for my '12, I went back to simply refresh the range, etc. as it was from earlier and the screen showed this ... granted it was only 17 F outside (car was inside my garage and plugged in) but these readings weren't accurate to say the least --- I have seen when it can't connect at all (shows --- lines) but this was a first, it does indicate its plugged in though; the car did pre-heat and was fully charged at least:

IMG_0305.PNG

swaltner said:
For iOS users, I found that if I force quit the Nissan iPhone app after activating the Climate Control, the next time I launched the app, I wouldn't have to do the dance of turning off the climate control (which was really off) before I could send the On command. Of course, the next time you launch the app, you have to wait 30 seconds for it to login, but it seems faster to me.

I was thinking that this would also work if I just force quick the app at any point and it would query the car as to what state the CC was....no luck. My issue is that I'll manually turn on CC via the app then just get in the car and drive away. This seems like a pretty significant "state" bug and from my experience with app pretty easy to fix. All that needs to be done is either a) put a refresh button on the CC screen or b) query the CC state when the app is re-launched. Even the animation of the fan stops after a while - do they think that not moving a few pixels around really saves that much energy :)

Personally - I'd like to be able to set the app to have an update frequency that I set so I can launch the app and see refreshed info somewhat new. I also think the tag line for the app is "Always Connected, Informed and in Control"....ooops

details: ioS 9.2.1,v4.0.3 app, iphone 6s, 2016 SL leaf, plugged in L1

I finally signed in to the new EV Connect web site because I wanted to make sure I registered and used it to qualify for the free telematics update this fall. I did not need to change anything except login with email address instead of old username (password and car PIN stayed the same). All account information was there and I was even able to download all of my driving history back to February 2015 under the electricity cost simulation tab. Only the last two months driving records were displayed, but I downloaded the monthly files back to February 2015 and the data was there when I opened them in Excel.

Gerry

Hi Gerry, I am wondering how you download the driving history from the usage simulator page. I obviously miss something.
I'm logged in on YouPlusNissan and looking at the usage pop-up (url of main page like https://nl.nissanconnect.eu/nl-nl/CsmVehicle/Details.....)
I don't see any download button.
9cDqdgARZhwWK66R7

Does anyone have a clue what "Wire RC3 to TCU pin 11" means in the context of getting air conditioning via OVMS to work in a 2011-2013?

https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/components/vehicle_nissanleaf/docs/#models-ze0

I understand what is meant by TCU pin 11, but where is RC3? It doesn't appear anywhere in the schematic. https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/hardware/v3.2/Mainboard_SCH_v3.2_20190610.pdf

Back