Carwings Cheaters?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboFroggy

Hello fellow Leaf owners!

After getting the TSB to correct the Carwings accuracy and connectivity issues, my numbers are now accurate that get updated. With what I think is pretty gentile driving, we are averaging around 4.1 Miles/KWh.

However a coupe of things that perturb me about the whole Carwings rankings. We are currently 3,156th, which went down substantially from our inflated 7.5 Miles/KWH it was reporting prior. People who are pre-TSB will be uploading incorrect data, and unlike XBOX Live style updates, data uploads from outdated cars still get allowed.

So we went from ~275th to 3,156th, eh that is fine, however someone called "Stuart658" is averaging 12.9 Miles/KWH, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!? How is that even possible? I don't think a Razor scooter can achieve that efficiency. Are they leaving in the morning and going down a huge long hill and regenning the whole way, then hitting cancel or blocking the data upload on the way back? And if I am not mistaking, I saw someone from Japan with a 20+ miles/kwh rank. Yikes. Being towed by another car then uploading that data? :?

Thoughts?

TurboFroggy said:

After getting the TSB to correct the Carwings accuracy and connectivity issues, my numbers are now accurate that get updated. With what I think is pretty gentile driving, we are averaging around 4.1 Miles/KWh.

However a coupe of things that perturb me about the whole Carwings rankings. We are currently 3,156th, which went down substantially from our inflated 7.5 Miles/KWH it was reporting prior. People who are pre-TSB will be uploading incorrect data, and unlike XBOX Live style updates, data uploads from outdated cars still get allowed.

So we went from ~275th to 3,156th, eh that is fine, however someone called "Stuart658" is averaging 12.9 Miles/KWH, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!? How is that even possible? ...

Thoughts?

I think you can be selective on what data you want to send to CarWings. If Stuart658 lives on a hill with a 2500 foot drop then only sending the data coming down the hill and choosing to not send the data on the return trip would accomplish a higher reading. If I don't press ok to send data, then that trip doesn't get reported from my experience.

TurboFroggy said:

I've been a Platinum driver since I've had my LEAF, but I would rather have accurate data than a high ranking. Do we have to go to the dealer to get this update? The day I hit 9.1m/kW h (15m. loop @ 15mph) on the energy console, CarWings said it was 16.2! That day I earned the Trophy, but I've seen some well over 100m/kW h so I figure they just hoist it up, and spin the wheels in neutral.

I don't think Nissan can do much in this case just wait for people who didn't do TSBs yet to come for yearly battery check.

TurboFroggy said:

After getting the TSB to correct the Carwings accuracy and connectivity issues, my numbers are now accurate that get updated. With what I think is pretty gentile driving, we are averaging around 4.1 Miles/KWh...

Thoughts?

Seen this thread?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got 4.2 M/kwh last month, and am at 4.5 this month so far.

However, I suspect my car's screen "history" report, (always .1 m/kWh higher than the dash and Carwings) may be "correct", as my odometer seems more accurate that CW's "miles driven". Have you checked whether CW reports of miles driven matches your odometer or other sources?

LEAFfan said:
TurboFroggy said:

I've been a Platinum driver since I've had my LEAF, but I would rather have accurate data than a high ranking. Do we have to go to the dealer to get this update? The day I hit 9.1m/kW h (15m. loop @ 15mph) on the energy console, CarWings said it was 16.2! That day I earned the Trophy, but I've seen some well over 100m/kW h so I figure they just hoist it up, and spin the wheels in neutral.

Seen this thread?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you get have the update done at your dealer, CW should report accurate energy use (and if you run to “turtle”, total available battery capacity) and you should be able to use CW to calculate charging efficiency with your blink.

LEAFfan said:
TonyWilliams said:
What's a TSB?

Technical Service Bulletin...the dealers receive them for 'fixes'.

Ok, yes, we have that in aviation; just "Service Bulletins" from the manufacturer. The SB's are only required to be complied with for aircraft used "for hire".

Then, the government mandatory ones, called "Airworthiness Directives". All aircraft must comply with AD's.

TurboFroggy said:

Same here. I'm wondering if they were actually displaying Km/Kwh vs Miles/Kwh. prior to the fix.

Car Wings should have some inteligence. If anyone doesn't upload all their data everytime they should drop to the bottm on the list. Steart658 must only report downhill drives.

I've averaged a read 5.6 miles per KwH on my dat in 14,000 miles and never reset it or refuse to upload all my data LEAF2 is our great LEAF. I always try to drive efficient just for the Health of it. I wish they could add bicycle pedals to the car so I could help it even more. I tease my wife saying ,If you get out and push the last 2 miles we can be 6 miles per KwH.

My 5.6 means for about 10 KwH $1 in many places we can go 50-60 miles. I love electric vehicles. We also have 4 Kw GRID Tied solar here in Sunny AZ and it runs the house, car and get credits back from the utiltiy all year. I made 1,200 KwH more thn I used last year. It pays to be efficient and live like you care.

Back