Carwings is awesome!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
I am impressed with some of Omkar's data. In particular the amount regenerated (10.8 kWh). 17 trips worth 86.6 miles at 4 miles/kWh. That translates to 43.2 miles worth of regen on average, or 50% of his traveled distance !!!
Very interesting. Omkar must be doing a lot of hills.

WWBD said:
Where are you guys seeing all this info? Online or in your cars? And do I have to do something special to start getting ranked?

It's a link towards the bottom of the LEAF status page in the owners portal. Link is entitled "launch CARWINGS".

I would be totally kicking Omkar's butt right now. I'm pretty sure I'm getting at least two trees per day; I've already got 166 miles on my car; and I know my energy efficiency is over 4mpkWh. The only thing I think he'd be beating me on is the number of trips. :lol:

That is, if only my data would show up! :shock:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the person who puts the most mileage on the car is going to accumulate the most trees, right? Pretty much regardless of how efficiently they drive. That ranking seems like it would go to the person who logged the most hours in the car.

My favorite part is the worldwide tree total! 1497 accumulated so far - and we have reduced CO2 emissions by 6 TONS already. :shock: :shock: :)

WWBD said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the person who puts the most mileage on the car is going to accumulate the most trees, right? Pretty much regardless of how efficiently they drive. That ranking seems like it would go to the person who logged the most hours in the car.
From glancing at the screen shots I got that impression as well. The numbers all look to just be totals while most of them would do better as a ratio like Regenerated Energy per miles driven. Number of Trips and Distance Traveled work as totals, but the rest would be better as ratios.

And one of these is inverted - Electricity Consumed By Accessories will go to the person who logged the least hours. It seems to me that that one would benefit the most by being changed.

evnow said:
LEAFer said:
I am impressed with some of Omkar's data. In particular the amount regenerated (10.8 kWh). 17 trips worth 86.6 miles at 4 miles/kWh. That translates to 43.2 miles worth of regen on average, or 50% of his traveled distance !!!
Very interesting. Omkar must be doing a lot of hills.
Omkar is probly pushing his car up the hill and coasting down to get all that regen. :lol:

evnow said:
Very interesting. Ofcourse with so many hills here, we will beat everyone around for regen (oh may be some fight with SF, but they have mostly flat suburbs).

But I'm disappointed with the 4.2 mpkwh being the best.

we need climate control info before we can be disappointed. unlike most of our Leaf buddies, we may shine during our 75º summers.

either way, i am up for the challenge!!

The problem with Regen is that you have to put the energy into the car to get it up the hill, or to build up speed.

The regen is there to help the human driver conserve the energy they've already spent. It's not free.

evnow said:
But I'm disappointed with the 4.2 mpkwh being the best.

My average Thursday night got to 4.8 mpkWh towards the end of my commute, and I finished out the drive at 4.7mpkWh. This was moderate to heavy freeway driving. Actually, I'm just processing the video from that night and will have it up on YouTube in a while, if you want to waste another hour of your life. :D

driveleaf said:
The problem with Regen is that you have to put the energy into the car to get it up the hill, or to build up speed.

The regen is there to help the human driver conserve the energy they've already spent. It's not free.

ahh ya, this reminds me of a point i was trying to make on this board last summer about the most efficient way to driving a "rolling hills" scenario.

my point was to make potential energy work for you by varying your speed and while trying to maintain a low input of power when ascending.

the effort failed. but now we have the option to experiment and post our results. this could be fun!!

LEAFer said:
I am impressed with some of Omkar's data. In particular the amount regenerated (10.8 kWh). 17 trips worth 86.6 miles at 4 miles/kWh. That translates to 43.2 miles worth of regen on average, or 50% of his traveled distance !!! Am I doing something wrong in my math or assumptions ? In 17 trips (a lot of which may not count due to on/off = 1 trip ) he must have done a few RTs ... it couldn't have been all downhill, right ?

He as been towed all the time ...lool...(sorry, couldn't resist)

DaveinOlyWA said:
we need climate control info before we can be disappointed. unlike most of our Leaf buddies, we may shine during our 75º summers.

I think us SoCal'ers will make up for it in the winters :D

I am really liking Carwings as my first day finally uploaded:
Distance Traveled: 32.9 miles
Energy Consumed: 5.3 kWH
Average Energy Economy: 6.2 miles/kWH
Travel Time 2.0 hrs

I would be on top of the world results if it would all transfer there properly.

5344875890_c095b1ba08_z.jpg

After this trip I scheduled an 80% charge for today and when I checked it this morning it was an actual of 83%. When I backed out of my driveway the ECO mode gave me an estimated range of 101 miles! I am curious to see what a full charge can possibly give me.

driveleaf said:
Looks like you can even compete for who plugs in the least accessories. So all of you without an iphone will beat us kids with our devices, our usb thumbsticks, our constant playing with navigation, possibly power windows... Guess I'm gonna have to put a boombox in the backseat to win this sort of thing.

I am completely fascinated with carwings. Now, we need to get some good RSS feeds that make the RSS reader do amazing things.

Have any ideas for what you would want to see as a creative RSS feed? It would be fun to build some.

Back