Carwings reporting my house as a public charge station!??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubear

A few days ago, I was showing someone how to find a charge station from the Leaf's dash.
I was shocked to find my own home listed! It did not give an address, just the street name. Navigation took me right to my home. There are only a few people that live on this street, I know them, there are no charge stations here.

I do have a free 48 amp charger at my office, that is listed on CarWings and many other charge station maps, but I have never offered or disclosed this station.

I asked another Leaf owner to search this area, and his Leaf found my home as well. I have emailed Leaf about this.

Anyone hear of anything like this?

Thanks,
-Robert

There is a setting on the Nav that auto-saves every charging station that you use after the first charge there. Did your friend with a Leaf ever plug in at your house? That could be why your house shows up in both cars' nav systems.

NYLEAF said:
There is a setting on the Nav that auto-saves every charging station that you use after the first charge there. Did your friend with a Leaf ever plug in at your house? That could be why your house shows up in both cars' nav systems.

My friend had never been to my home in his Leaf.

rubear said:
NYLEAF said:

My friend had never been to my home in his Leaf.

I'm interested in what Nissan will say about this. I haven't seen this myself but I did wonder if they might keep track of user's saved charging stations in their own database.

If they do keep track then there will be some location errors. Occasionally I plug in at home and Carwings thinks its a new station because it thinks I'm in a location a block or two away. I've had to delete those phantom car stations from my LEAF map.

keydiver said:
cgaydos said:
I've had to delete those phantom car stations from my LEAF map.

HOW did you do that??? My LEAF has added 4 more phantom stations in my development!

So, this applies to my 2011-2012 LEAFs, and only for the stations added as a result of your car being charged, not the stations supplied through the Nissan data feed. Center the map on the phantom station and click the "map menu" button ON SCREEN (not on of the physical buttons at the side of the screen). This will bring up a new display that gives you the option to delete the phantom station.

FYI - Map show my house as as public charging station as well. I just had a Clipper Creek 30 amp charging station installed last week. Carwings must have added it after it sensed a full 6.6kwh charge connection..

Back