CarWings statistical data updating?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I have had the same problem starting on Dec 4. Have talked to folks at Nissan Tellematics a few times in last week. but today, one of them phoned back to tell me they now think it is a software problem with their central computer system and not our cars. and hopefully a fix will happen in the next couple days...

as a guy who built server systems I can say with certainty a s a rule all ways blam server first, then very last your car if every one but you is updating.

mine hasn't updated either since dec 04

Chatted with Carwings support team this morning:
[...Amanda: I am truly sorry Joe, This is an known issue we are experiencing. We are already researching a fix. At this time, I would like to gather your contact information and I will contact you directly when this issue has been resolved on our end.

Joe Waters: For ten days, you are researching a fix? Somebody hire the Obamacare web team?...]

Excerpted from a lengthy conversation, and I did let her know that I meant only humor in the statement. I also informed her the world will not end if my data doesn't update. I am not upset with Nissan in this minor glitch, but with recent issues of website shortcomings, I felt compelled to crack wise.

Thanks to the growing number of posts confirming that this is a widespread issue....and some indication that Nissan is aware of it.
I agree that this is not the end of the world...but we all are paid for this service so hopefully it gets resolved in a reasonable time frame.
If anyone sees a change in their status (i.e. new data gets pushed) please post.
Thanks all
Steve

Surprise...the levy has broken and my data is now current to Dec 9th....not up to date but at least past that Dec 4 blockage
I assume others are seeing that as well

I assume its a coincidence that I got my software update on Saturday but perhaps a broader fix has been implemented

Steve

joewaters said:
Joe Waters: For ten days, you are researching a fix? Somebody hire the Obamacare web team?...]

Excerpted from a lengthy conversation, and I did let her know that I meant only humor in the statement. I also informed her the world will not end if my data doesn't update. I am not upset with Nissan in this minor glitch, but with recent issues of website shortcomings, I felt compelled to crack wise.

I.T. (particularly user interface) is just not one of Nissan's strengths. First there was the badly-botched reservation system. They "researched" the problems I was having with that for several weeks before I finally threw up my hands and just waited to be able to buy off a lot. Then there's the CarWings web interface. "Oh, would you actually like to SEE your car's status?" And then the drippingly horrid LEAF phone app. I was never happier to pay for an iPhone app than for LEAF Link!

I like the car a lot and I agree it's not the end of the world. I don't know what their I.T. problem is but do I wish they'd get a clue.

I received my promised phone call from Nissan EV Support today, while driving home. We had originally talked on Thursday afternoon and at the time, she wasn't aware of any global issues with CarWings. She relayed that when she arrived at work on Friday, an internal e-mail had gone out saying there were update issue and accounts were stuck on Dec 4. It was unclear if this was supposed to be a global outage or isolated to some users. While the issue isn't totally resolved, it is getting caught up and my account is currently showing driving records from Dec 9.

Since it processed new data within the last 24 hours (I looked yesterday and it was still showing data from the 4th) and Nissan knows there was an issue, I'm working on the assumption that it's either been fixed or will be fixed "soon".

Things look back to normal now...updated through the 15th so only a few days behind. I did notice that there appears to be "missing data" for the 10th which may indicate that this is where something went wrong with their system....curious to know if that is how others' datasets look as well....
Cheers
Steve

mine is all unto date now except 10th is missing and 11th is wrong as i apparently did 3 miles and used 20kWh

swaltner said:
My Carwings data was last updated with my morning commute on Dec 4, so I just used the "EV Customer Support Link" at http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to chat with someone at Nissan. They were not aware of a global outage on the Carwings web site but looked into my account.
The main point being that Nissan isn't aware of any global outage on Carwings. That's not to say that there aren't a bunch of people that aren't getting updates currently. Obviously, that's the case since several of us are stuck with the last update at Dec 3 or 4.
This is not the first time a long outage has occurred. The same thing happenned about a year ago. No updates for a couple weeks, then boom! all the data appeared at once.

I got the distinct impression then that Nissan doesn't really know what Carwings is doing. Nissan isn't monitoring Carwings operations.
This year, the impression I'm getting is that data is being transferred manually (hence the 1-3 day "delay"), and that person has gone on vacation.

brettcgb said:
This is not the first time a long outage has occurred. The same thing happenned about a year ago. No updates for a couple weeks, then boom! all the data appeared at once.

I got the distinct impression then that Nissan doesn't really know what Carwings is doing. Nissan isn't monitoring Carwings operations.
This year, the impression I'm getting is that data is being transferred manually (hence the 1-3 day "delay"), and that person has gone on vacation.

Judging from the fact that right now my data is up to date including today I'd say they did some upgrading behind the scenes. Now the page seems to be working slightly faster too.

This is not a global outage. I was just able to update the status on my Leaf using the iOS app on an iPhone 5s. I would suggest looking at the debugging information I posted from Nissan and/or contacting the EV support group at http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Just got off the line with Nissan EV support. The agent directed me to the car, where I turned "on" the carwings feature, and checked/set a few other items. It seemed to have turned itself off somehow. Maybe an over-the-air s/w update went awry (my theory)? It will take 24 to 48 hours to see it updates will once again come through.

My carwings data is now very sparse. last data online is from Nov 17 - and then from only 4 days. last 'normal' data seems to be from July (haven't been checking lately!!). I'll check my car tonight to see if it is 'sending' - but anyone have any other advice?

Back