Carwings / Status - when does it start working ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 days and still no Carwings data on the portal. Called CS and they said they would call me in a couple days when they figure out why. All their information shows that Carwings was properly setup, but they don't know why data is not being received by the Carwings database. :(

Bassman said:
4 days and still no Carwings data on the portal. Called CS and they said they would call me in a couple days when they figure out why. All their information shows that Carwings was properly setup, but they don't know why data is not being received by the Carwings database. :(

Make sure that AT&T is the selected carrier. If not your car won't communicate with the mother ship.

Jesse sent this to me trying to figure out my carwings issue.

Here are the details n how to select the "Automatic" function as well as select the Carrier. Menu->Settings->Phone&CARWINGS->Data Communication->Select Carrier If menu isn't there, try hitting the Zero Emissions button.

Carwing customer support called me back with the status. There is a temporary fix via a firmware upgrade. This upgrade will allow you to push several buttons to get carwing to work (I guess you could call it "reset"). This firmware upgrade is *THE SAME* as disconnecting your 12V battery and reconnecting it. The advantage of this temporary fix is that if it happens again, you just do the "push button sequent" instead of opening up your hook and fiddling with the wires. They said the permanent fix will be in the summer. Oh, you do need to take your car to the dealer for the firmware upgrade.

Back