Cat is out of the bag: 2013 range is out ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nosuchthing

It's 83.5 freeway miles (as extrapolated from incorrect statement in the article).

http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=29248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Already covered extensively elsewhere here...

I'm not believing anything until I see hard EPA numbers as Nissan's numbers have been proven to be worthless... The EPA numbers might be a little pessimistic than what some can get from the car but at least they are under controlled conditions and directly comparable among other such cars...

ILETRIC said:
It's 83.5 freeway miles (as extrapolated from incorrect statement in the article).
http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=29248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woo Hoo !!! Let's see, 65mph equals about 4 miles/kWh, multiplied by 21 useable kWh equals 84 miles for a 2011-2012.

Ya, let's wait for EPA. We can all breathlessly splooge the data when it comes from A TRUSTWORTHY INDEPENDENT SOURCE.

Thanks.

I'll take that estimate with several bags of salt. My 65mph roundtrip range on 100% charge is exactly 60 miles, after 1.5 years of ownership (and 16K miles) on a car with carefully managed SOC.

DeaneG said:
I'll take that estimate with several bags of salt. My 65mph roundtrip range on 100% charge is exactly 60 miles, after 1.5 years of ownership (and 16K miles) on a car with carefully managed SOC.

60 miles to LBW? What is your m/kW h after your RT?

My NRP to FTW before STL kicks in is 45 TDWs, but that's only after I FRU on RTO on Saturdays and Sundays. :lol:

AP1 said:

My NRP to FTW before STL kicks in is 45 TDWs, but that's only after I FRU on RTO on Saturdays and Sundays. :lol:

AP, you need to stop smoking so much pot. It makes you look foolish, not funny. :roll:

LEAFfan said:
DeaneG said:
No, I see less than 60 miles to LBW at a steady 65mph (under cruise control most of the way). My roundtrip was 56.5 miles starting at 100% charge two hours before departing. LBW came on a couple miles from home (around 54 miles elapsed?) and I pulled into my garage with 3 miles remaining on the GOM, so I figure my max range to zero on the GOM is 56.5 actual +3 GOM or just under 60 miles.

Drive conditions were light or no wind, gently rolling freeway, maybe 300 feet total elevation gain and corresponding loss over the roundtrip, little heater use (the dash display said I could turn off climate control for +1 more miles when I was still 15-20 miles from home).

Dunno what my trip m/kWh was, I have tended to ignore it as optimistic.

garygid said:
Likely this is basically just the 2011-2012 no-heater-use range?
Yes, essentially, and a claim was made that motor and drivetrain efficiency has improved a bit too. No change to the battery chemistry and pack capacity.

Yeah the cats out of the bag ... virtually nothing new .... virtually - and almost a small improvement. No Equivalent of a gid readout no 6kw Charging - and no possibility of older models upgrading to 6kw charging even though they previously said so.
I guess that's why I'm not in marketing .... my spin doesn't sell as sweetly
:D

DeaneG said:
LEAFfan said:
DeaneG said:
No, I see less than 60 miles to LBW at a steady 65mph (under cruise control most of the way). My roundtrip was 56.5 miles starting at 100% charge two hours before departing. LBW came on a couple miles from home (around 54 miles elapsed?) and I pulled into my garage with 3 miles remaining on the GOM, so I figure my max range to zero on the GOM is 56.5 actual +3 GOM or just under 60 miles.

Drive conditions were light or no wind, gently rolling freeway, maybe 300 feet total elevation gain and corresponding loss over the roundtrip, little heater use (the dash display said I could turn off climate control for +1 more miles when I was still 15-20 miles from home).

Dunno what my trip m/kWh was, I have tended to ignore it as optimistic.

Actually, you should ignore the '3' on the GOM. You would have at least 6 miles after VLBW, which you hadn't reached yet. I find the m/kW h on the dash the most accurate. Multiplying by 21 on a 100% charge with a healthy pack will give a really accurate DTE/Turtle.

hill said:
Yeah the cats out of the bag ... virtually nothing new .... virtually - and almost a small improvement. No Equivalent of a gid readout no 6kw Charging - and no possibility of older models upgrading to 6kw charging even though they previously said so.
I guess that's why I'm not in marketing .... my spin doesn't sell as sweetly
:D

The 2013 LEAF will have a better motor, drivetrain, and a 6.6kW charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back