CHAdeMO & J1772 at the same time?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG

What happens if you try to use both at the same time?

attachment.php

garygid said:
Rather unlikely that it would work with both charge ports active.

No, I am not planning on trying it out at Mitsubishi this weekend.
awwhhh ... c'mon gary ... be a sport. Trust me ... it works!

Oh yea . . . .

you CAN dual charge . . . .

I've seen it done . . . . .

just listen for the hiss though . . . .

just make sure you disconnect if you hear it . . .

otherwise, it's not a pretty picture . . . .

2samphd.jpg

:lol:

philipscoggins said:
Looks like its having trouble breathing :eek:

Philip

She looks like a hospital patient... too many tubes in her. No Ivy (seems like a good LEAF name) don't roll towards the light!

Not to put a damper on the hilarity, but Nissan actually thought about that, and answered the question in the owners manual:
The Li-ion battery cannot be charged if the quick charge connector and the normal charge connector are connected at the same time. If another charge connector is connected midcharge, charging will stop.
Ray

planet4ever said:
Not to put a damper on the hilarity, but Nissan actually thought about that, and answered the question in the owners manual:
The Li-ion battery cannot be charged if the quick charge connector and the normal charge connector are connected at the same time. If another charge connector is connected midcharge, charging will stop.
Ray

Thank you, Ray. IMHO, approximately 50% of the posts on this forum could have been eliminated if folks read their owners manual.

Back