ChargePoint Request A Station web page

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirko

ChargePoint has a new web page where you can request a charging station at a specific location. At least now they are asking where we would like charging stations.

https://na.chargepoint.com/cpn_request_stations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steps:
1. Enter an address near the desired location and click "Get Map".
2. Click on the map at the exact locations of the desired stations.
3. Click the submit location request button.

I asked for L2 at the Eatonville, WA Library. Eatonville is on the way to Mt. Rainier. DC QC might be asking a bit much at that location.

Also asked for DC QC and L2 at a couple of places on Joint Base Lewis McChord.

+1

I submitted the same -- maybe this is like voting!

planet4ever said:
Great! I asked for two QCs between San Jose and Fresno. I picked Farnisi's restaurant at the north end of Madera and the Petro Diner on 152 south of Santa Nella.

vrwl said:
I tried to use it with two different browsers (IE and Chrome) and the map didn't work with either of them. No requests from me. :(

It worked for me using Chrome. Did you enter a "Desired Location" then click the [Get Map] button first? If you don't do that, you will not be able to select the location of where you want a station.

mirko said:
vrwl said:
I tried to use it with two different browsers (IE and Chrome) and the map didn't work with either of them. No requests from me. :(

It worked for me using Chrome. Did you enter a "Desired Location" then click the [Get Map] button first? If you don't do that, you will not be able to select the location of where you want a station.

Yes, but I'll try it again.

vrwl said:
mirko said:
vrwl said:

Yes, but I'll try it again.

Ok, it worked this time, guess I did things in the wrong order or something. :?

Chargepoint has had a 'request a station' page for at least a year (I know, because I submitted a bunch of sites), but maybe it went away when they switched to the new format?

GRA said:
Chargepoint has had a 'request a station' page for at least a year (I know, because I submitted a bunch of sites), but maybe it went away when they switched to the new format?

Did ChargePoint ever place a charging station at any of the sites that you requested?

I requested Zona Roza shopping center (MO), Legends (KS) and Union Station (downtown KCMO), FYI, in case anyone in our general vicinity is going to do the same. The shopping centers would be great for L2s, which is non-existent there (but Union Station has it). I asked for QCs, since all of them are in close proximity to major highways.

mirko said:
GRA said:

Did ChargePoint ever place a charging station at any of the sites that you requested?
Not yet, but then I was asking for L3s at some of them, and the others were all away from high density areas (i.e. for out of town trips), so I expected they would show up late if at all.

I submitted for locations like the horse racing venue, a couple of entertainment/concert venues, the State Fair location, and places where you'd most likely be there for a few hours so it would make sense to have L2 chargers.

vrwl said:
I submitted for locations like the horse racing venue, a couple of entertainment/concert venues, the State Fair location, and places where you'd most likely be there for a few hours so it would make sense to have L2 chargers.
AFAIR mine were at parks (Pt. Reyes, Stinson Beach, Tomales Bay, Pinnacles), en route towns to day trip destinations (Pt. Reyes Station for West Marin, Gilroy for Monterey/Carmel, Monterey/Carmel for Big Sur, Vacaville for Sacramento, Colfax for N. Lake Tahoe, Placerville/Pollock Pines for S. Lake Tahoe, Manteca/Oakdale and Groveland for Yosemite), and Monterey/Carmel/Sausalito/Inverness/Tahoe City/Kings Beach/S. Lake Tahoe as destinations.

Back