Charging at Adobe

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakwcj

I LEAFed from Oakland to Pacific Grove over the 4th of July weekend. The trip featured many of the possible varieties of charging experience. The first leg was from Oakland to Aromas [85 miles], which I reached on the first low battery warning. I plugged into my friend's NEMA 10-30 dryer outlet for three hours and headed to Monterey. The motel where we stayed advertised free RV parking and free outdoor electrical outlets. Both claims were false, but the manager was apologetic and helpful. We plugged into a 120V outlet in the laundry room each night and were able to drive down Big Sur to Andrew Molina State Park.

On the way back, we went to Adobe HQ in San Jose, very close to the Tech Museum. I told the parking lot guard I was there to use the Chargepoint EVSE. He gave me a one-day pass and directed me to the charging stations. Surprisingly, there were no other cars charging at any of the four chargepoints. Using the Chargepoint is free, so kudos to Adobe for providing the service. While waiting, we took in an IMAX movie and had lunch, after which we had just enough range to make it home.

Great to know you can use the ones at Adobe. Do you know if it's 24/7 or just during business hours?

Ready2plugin said:
Great to know you can use the ones at Adobe. Do you know if it's 24/7 or just during business hours?

I don't know, but I would guess it would be available whenever the visitor parking entrance on Park Avenue is staffed. When I first looked at the Chargepoint map a month ago, all of the Adobe charging units were listed as restricted -- for employee use only. Adobe apparently decided to make them available to the public rather recently. The guy in the parking booth told me I was the first person he'd let in to charge. He printed out a pass to be displayed on the dash. It says "Charging Station" and has the date, time, and my car's license plate number. He also asked for a cellphone number in case they needed to contact me while the car was charging.

oakwcj said:
I don't know, but I would guess it would be available whenever the visitor parking entrance on Park Avenue is staffed. When I first looked at the Chargepoint map a month ago, all of the Adobe charging units were listed as restricted -- for employee use only. Adobe apparently decided to make them available to the public rather recently. The guy in the parking booth told me I was the first person he'd let in to charge. He printed out a pass to be displayed on the dash. It says "Charging Station" and has the date, time, and my car's license plate number. He also asked for a cellphone number in case they needed to contact me while the car was charging.

That's very good to know. I used to work at Adobe and can confirm that they pride themselves in being environmentally conscious. We go to downtown San Jose frequently and there is a good chance that we'll use the opportunity to plug in. Way to go Adobe and Coulomb Tech!

Back