Charging at Nissan Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parking is always a premium at many dealerships. I can see the need to ask to have a car moved. If no one has connected in a few days the space will not just sit empty forever. ;)

Man, I feel spoiled by my dealer now.

They have two chargers in a 'public' area, each charger placed so that it's able to reach two spaces; those are publicly available, but are also used for charging the test-drive LEAFs when necessary. Then there are two more chargers tucked away in a non-public space, which are just for their customers (or for charging LEAFs about to be delivered, so that pending deliveries aren't eating the public charger spaces).

Packet said:
Man, I feel spoiled by my dealer now.
Mee too.
If those folks would have tried to send me packing . . . I can imagine my evil side coming forth. Imagine the following:
:lol:
I'm NOT leaving . . . you'll have to call the Police. Police are called, and I get tossed out or if I really lead them down the garden path . . . maybe let my self get arrested. Next day, the story makes the newspaper. Even ICE car drivers would be incensed at the dealer. Reminds me of the good ol days, when EV1 drivers were willing to make a stand to the point of being tossed in jail for picketing the EV1 crushings.

Everyone I've talked to at Fontana Nissan (CA), from the owner on down, has been welcoming whenever I stop by to charge. This dealership is in a good location for charging en route to the Southern California high desert or up to the San Bernardino Mountains. They've talked about eventually putting in a DC Fast Charger, which would be very cool. In the meantime, if I need to charge for an hour or two, I pull out the laptop computer and use their WiFi.

My wife and I were in Santa Cruz last week and I found myself a couple of kWhs short to get home. I knew there were ChargePoint stations in town, but I hadn't brought their location with me, and the nav unit pled ignorance, so I let it lead me to Santa Cruz VW/Dodge/Nissan. It was after closing, but there were no gates and I found their AV units on the side. I'm fuzzy on details now, but I think there may have been three of them, one ICEd. What I remember clearly is that each had a little sign fastened permanently to the wall saying "Reserved for [somebody-or-other]". I looked around, saw nobody, and nosed up to the one that said "Reserved for Employee of the Month".

Forty five minutes later we came back from Walgreen's next door, and that privileged person hadn't slashed our tires or anything, so I unplugged, and we made it home.

Ray

It was a long time ago (or so it now seems) but I had a most interesting experience charging at Santa Monica Nissan after hours:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

abasile said:
Everyone I've talked to at Fontana Nissan (CA), from the owner on down, has been welcoming whenever I stop by to charge. This dealership is in a good location for charging en route to the Southern California high desert or up to the San Bernardino Mountains. They've talked about eventually putting in a DC Fast Charger, which would be very cool. In the meantime, if I need to charge for an hour or two, I pull out the laptop computer and use their WiFi.

I go to LA once a month for a meeting and take the train out of San Bernadino to Union Station. I drove my Leaf from Palm Springs to the dealership. The SB Nissan are so kind, they took me to the train station while my Leaf is getting charged so I can go back home to Palm Spring in the evening. One of the salesman picked me up at the station when I returned after a day's travel to LA and back to SB. My Leaf was fully charged and drove back to Palm Springs. Now that's service. They wouldn't do that every day, because the shuttle service is for people getting service for their cars. But its no problem once a month.
The three Nissan dealers I spent time with, (Palm Springs, Redlands and SB) have excellent WiFi service and comfortable waiting rooms. Its a good time to catch up on reading too.

Back