Charging stations - charge point vs blink vs Evgo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZleaf

Hi everyone, i am curious to see if people know a bit more about all those charging stations out there. In live i dallas and have seeing Evgo, charge point and blink. Blink is straight forward, for now everyone is a member-plus, with no cost, and every hour cost $1. Evgo: u have to be a member, and apparently if you r not a member starting in august they will have a $9 a month charge for u to keep their key and then each charge cost about $30 for the faster stations, or if u don't have the key u may be able to call their number and for $50 u will be able to use the faster stations (very expensive in my opinion). Now, today i saw another one called Charge point. I dont know how that works but if you go to their website and search for charging stations even the stations with blink chargers come up.. Are they the same company, partner or something? How do they charge you and do we have to a card as well?

CZleaf said:
<snip>
Now, today i saw another one called Charge point. I dont know how that works but if you go to their website and search for charging stations even the stations with blink chargers come up.. Are they the same company, partner or something? How do they charge you and do we have to a card as well?

ChargePoint doesn't quite have the same openness that PlugShare has as far as including out of network stations on their map. However, it seems to be a good network. I picked up a ChargePoint card last June when you had to make a $25 deposit. They have changed and now you can get a $25 deposit card and it will work at pay and free stations or you can get a $5 card that works only at the free stations. Up here the majority of the ChargePoint stations are free and will remain so. I would recommend checking with the station owners you think you'll be using to see if they plan on staying free or if they will be assessing a fee for charging. I have been real happy with the ChargePoint stations I've used.

It's definitely worth have a Blink AND ChargePoint card here in Dallas; there's some key strategic FREE L2 chargers for both. I don't use evGo as it requires a usage "contract" of sorts. Come to one of the next couple of http://www.nteaa.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; meetings if you want to talk more (although I'll miss the August meeting). There should be a big presence for National Plug-In Day in September.

Back