Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter

I'm sure someone has mentioned this somewhere in this forum. I have had my leaf almost 3 weeks now and until yesterday have been charging L1 with unit that came with my car. I have noticed significantly different numbers on what you guys call the guess-o-meter. One time it will say 105, 109, 101 or 124 and 125 miles of so called charge. Every time I have left car charging until it shut off by itself. I don't understand why there is so much deviation. I finished installing my L-2 from AV yesterday and still charge without the timer and am finding the same variations........what gives :lol:

walter said:
I'm sure someone has mentioned this somewhere in this forum. I have had my leaf almost 3 weeks now and until yesterday have been charging L1 with unit that came with my car. I have noticed significantly different numbers on what you guys call the guess-o-meter. One time it will say 105, 109, 101 or 124 and 125 miles of so called charge. Every time I have left car charging until it shut off by itself. I don't understand why there is so much deviation. I finished installing my L-2 from AV yesterday and still charge without the timer and am finding the same variations........what gives :lol:

The guess-o-meter estimates your range based on the last few miles (or is it minutes?) of your driving. So it greatly depends if your last trip was on the freeway or sides streets, etc. In the mornings my range estimate ranges from 88 to 112 miles from day to day. But it quickly adjusts to reflect the morning commute drive within a few minutes.

walter said:
The GOM estimates range based on how the car was previously driven. So, if driven hard, lower GOM estimate and vice-versa.

Bill

Ignore whatever number is says after charging, go by the bars (about 7 miles a bar). the only purpose of the GOM, IMHO is to help you tell whether your most recent driving habits and terrain have improved or diminished your range. The actual number is only useful as you approach the low end. Ironically it's very reliable and overall is a great system but the erroneous initial numbers and the wild swings when you first start driving cause many folks to not trust it at all and not drive the car to it's fullest.

Back