Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
GRA said:
Yeah, I'd think Tony's post belongs in the BC2BC thread, old as that is.

Should the iphone 8 stay with the i phone 4 discussion?

I'd rather match content than context...

Over 11K posts, what a "great" contribution that's been made to this forum!

Latest from Drive Green program:

Making energy more affordable and sustainable
Drive Green here to stay MA.png
Drive Green with Mass Energy is our electric vehicle (EV) discount program that makes choosing an EV easier for you. We're happy to announce that this program is here to stay! If you're ready to reduce your carbon footprint, save money, and drive further in an EV than you ever thought possible, then click below to get started now! We'll have new July discounts up next week.

Get started now!

Celebrate with a Special Chevy Offer
This week only!
We have a very special offer for you, one that requires you to act by Friday at 6 p.m.

Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree, MA is offering these special lease deals on Bolts and Volts. Specifically:

Lease a Volt LT for $95 per month!
Lease a Volt Premier for $195 per month!
Lease a Bolt LT for $145 per month!
Lease a Bolt Premier for $245 per month!
These leases require a $2,500 down payment, but you will receive a $2,500 state rebate. And the lease payments are for cars without DC Fast Charging or the convenience package. The Volts come with the comfort package.

If you are interested in these great deals, please sign up for a test drive at Quirk Chevrolet on our web site. Mention this time-sensitive deal when the dealer reaches out to you to schedule your test drive.

There are lots of opportunities to take advantage of so don't miss out while they're still available! To learn more about our programs, visit our website or call us with questions at 617-524-3950 ext. 5.

Sincerely,
Our team here at Mass Energy

Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree, MA is offering these special lease deals on Bolts and Volts. Specifically:

Lease a Volt LT for $95 per month!
Lease a Volt Premier for $195 per month!
Lease a Bolt LT for $145 per month!
Lease a Bolt Premier for $245 per month!
These leases require a $2,500 down payment, but you will receive a $2,500 state rebate. And the lease payments are for cars without DC Fast Charging or the convenience package. The Volts come with the comfort package.

I think Bolt prices are finally coming down to earth. They can still come down to Volt levels - that is when we will know its true sales potential.

@145 for Bolt (would be about $225 w/ zero down), I'd have got Bolt instead of Volt (paid $190 w/ zero down).

Having now lived with Volt for 3 months, Volt definitely feels like a better built car than Bolt. Everyone in our family still prefer the old Leaf, though.

Currently, Chevy dealers are down to a gross margin of less than $100 on every Bolt sold or leased.

When the car was first introduced this year, dealer gross margin was almost $5K.

But because of slow sales, GM is essentially having a fire sale for a car that essentially has become a sales dud for them. They bet big that all they had to have was 230+ range, and that the rest of the car was not that important. Now instead of losing $6K a car, they are losing close to $12K a car. GMs challenge moving forward successfully in the BEV market will either cost reduce, or de-content the car. Their only alternative is to be happy with a niche car that has limited appeal without the price required for it to be successful.

This goes to show how unattractive the car is to buyers, despite its 230+ range, with a +$42K price.

Nissan knows that to be successful in the value market, the sweet spot is $25K (after incentives) and the top end is about $30K (after incentives).

DaveinOlyWA said:
GRA said:
Yeah, I'd think Tony's post belongs in the BC2BC thread, old as that is.

Should the iphone 8 stay with the i phone 4 discussion?

I'd rather match content than context...
The thing is, Tony long ago produced a range chart for the RAV4, a car that's been out of production for years, and only 2,600 were built, a number that's undoubtedly reduced due to attrition. The Bolt's already sold around 3 times that amount, and no one (to my knowledge) has yet produced such a chart for it. So, the reason (my reason, anyway) for providing links to longer road trips isn't to show that such impractical trips can be done, it's to provide some real world range info under a variety of conditions on the various legs. The fact that these legs are often done as part of a 'BEV adventure' which is an inefficient use of most people's time is irrelevant; the data matters, not the fact that person X had the time to waste to make the trip.

We know that such trips can be made, just as we know someone could ride a skateboard or push scooter across the country, but given the alternatives very few people would consider that an efficient use of their time or energy if their primary interest is to get to their destination in the shortest time possible, with the maximum flexibility and convenience. In any case, moving on.

OrientExpress said:
But because of slow sales, GM is essentially having a fire sale for a car that essentially has become a sales dud for them. They bet big that all they had to have was 230+ range, and that the rest of the car was not that important. Now instead of losing $6K a car, they are losing close to $12K a car. GMs challenge moving forward successfully in the BEV market will either cost reduce, or de-content the car. Their only alternative is to be happy with a niche car that has limited appeal without the price required for it to be successful.

This right here is "old car company" mentality. Everything must stand on its own, make lots of money, sell 100k units per year right away, etc. etc. But you know what? This car probably makes money based upon ZEV credits. They're also gaining market share, building experience and consumer confidence making in a good EV product. They put too much range in the car and made a crappy interior. Sure seems like an easier fix than the other way around.

Via IEVS, June Bolt sales 1,642 (a new monthly high) vs. the Volt's 1,745 (and the Prius Prime's 1,619, apparently limited by supply). Sales are still well short of GM's projections (ca. 6k inventory), which is why the Bolt's nationwide availability moved up to August.

GRA said:
Via IEVS, June Bolt sales 1,642 (a new monthly high) vs. the Volt's 1,745 (and the Prius Prime's 1,619, apparently limited by supply). Sales are still well short of GM's projections (ca. 6k inventory), which is why the Bolt's nationwide availability moved up to August.
From what I've seen on the bolt forum some Canadians are on a wait list for next year delivery.

Poll for which Bolt improvements matter most to you. Poll results are visible after answering question and you can edit your answer as many times as you want.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SBK273Q

DanCar said:
Poll for which Bolt improvements matter most to you. Poll results are visible after answering question and you can edit your answer as many times as you want.

My #1 complaint was not there - lease price.

My #2 complaint was room - not just cargo but overall. May be we just don't like sub-compacts.

evnow said:
My #1 complaint was not there - lease price. ...
What lease price are you looking for? Lease prices were pretty good last month. Noticed lease prices went up for fourth of july specials. :p
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

I'm estimated that Model 3 lease prices are going to be double Bolt, $400 vs $200 per month respectively.

DanCar said:

What is a "dual drive system"?

I would love more consistent lease pricing, al la carte options, LED headlights without glare, and coasting in D.

NeilBlanchard said:
What is a "dual drive system"? ...
https://www.tesla.com/blog/dual-motor-model-s-and-autopilot
I believe Tesla used that phrase to denote a motor on each axle.

> I would love more consistent lease pricing, al la carte options, LED headlights without glare, and coasting in D.
It is a strategy used by all auto makers to increase profits by bundling things together so you can't get exactly what you want and have to pay more. The typical scenario is forcing people to buy a navigation system to get leather option. It also lowers cost by having to produce fewer variations of the vehicle.

Thanks, Dan - I would suggest saying "dual motor for all wheel drive" so it is clear.

Yeah, I get the bundling is good for GM. But it stinks for us. For us, it is the heating all the seats and the steering wheel that is forcing us to buy the Premier.

For us, it is the heating all the seats and the steering wheel that is forcing us to buy the Premier.

Eh? You can get heated seats and wheel in the LT by ordering the "Comfort & Convenience Package." The real bundling crime is making Surround View available only on the Premiere.

LeftieBiker said:
For us, it is the heating all the seats and the steering wheel that is forcing us to buy the Premier.

Eh? You can get heated seats and wheel in the LT by ordering the "Comfort & Convenience Package." The real bundling crime is making Surround View available only on the Premiere.

He said "all the seats". Heated rear seats are only available in Premier. That matters to some.

DanCar said:
evnow said:
My #1 complaint was not there - lease price. ...
What lease price are you looking for? Lease prices were pretty good last month. Noticed lease prices went up for fourth of july specials. :p
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

I'm estimated that Model 3 lease prices are going to be double Bolt, $400 vs $200 per month respectively.

same complaint as always. Chevy profiteering on Federal tax credits not applied to leases

Back