Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Pending here.

I need some advice on Chargepoint. Should I set up an account with them? If I want to use Chargepoint paid stations then I need to put down a $25 dollar deposit but I am not sure if I ever need this?

I am planning to go on a trip a few days after I get my car and I think that the charger at the resort is ChargePoint. Does it mean that I need an account with ChargePoint to use this?

Are there any other companies I should set up an account with?

I just want to take delivery by the end of the year, so I can process the tax credits (state and federal) this year and not end up with all that money sitting in limbo for 12 more months. Who knows how much longer Illinois will be funding their alternative fuel credit anyway...

At least most of us have the EVSE federal credit locked up, before it goes away.

dutchinchicago said:
...I need some advice on Chargepoint. Should I set up an account with them? If I want to use Chargepoint paid stations then I need to put down a $25 dollar deposit but I am not sure if I ever need this?

I ordered a ChargePoint rfid keychain card. I put $25 on mine just because I think that we will see many stations in the Chicagoland area go to nominal fees fairly quickly. You don't have to fund the card, you can just pay $5 for an empty card, that will activate free chargers. You don't really need the card to charge, as you can call the number on the station to get started instead.

The Illinois/Chicago initiative of some 280 new L2 &L3 charging stations (that I haven't heard many updates on) is being contracted out to 350green, who will be using Coulomb equipment and the ChargePoint network http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/23/350green-to-install-400-ev-charging-stations-across-the-us/.

I don't think any of these will be free, as this will be a for-profit venture. I also don't expect the Walgreen's chargers to stay free for long.

My status just changed to PENDING. I used the online chat and they said they would get back to me in 2-3 days.

Validated first IL delivery was November 19th -- other dates getting spread out in December, all regular forum members who post now have their VIN's so will stop editing this post and those who have their cars delivered can update the massive Google spreadsheet on the forum with their details if they so choose; let's hopefully switch to Chicago area LEAF sightings (other than dealer plated cars) before year end:

jimjudy --- VIN !!! LEAF delivered Nov 19th !!
wcbrauneis --- VIN !!! – LEAF at dealer, Nov 30th
radryan --- VIN !!! - Bloomington, IL – LEAF delivered, Dec 2nd
Tardis -- VIN !!! – LEAF at dealer, Dec 1st
Ramesh --- VIN !!! – week of Dec 2nd
YashuV – VIN !!! (cancelled order – possible ‘orphan’?) – week of Dec 5th
redLEAF --- VIN !!! – week of Dec 10th
dino -- VIN !!! – week of Dec 13th
bzzzzz -- VIN !!! – week of Dec 13th
OldQuadDog --- VIN !!! - week of Dec 16th
bigtlb -- VIN !!! – week of Dec 20th
prolix74 --- VIN !!! – week of Dec 20th
willnotbuygas -- VIN !!!– week of Dec 20th
dutchinchicago -- VIN !!! – pending
lukati -- VIN !!! – pending
benleafexpert -- Thomas Nissan Joliet, dealer rep
chijayhawker – cancelled order
joleta -- (only 2 posts -- assume no VIN)
leafinthepark -- from MN, but would like to buy in IL
scottf200 -- Volt owner
ualdriver -- Volt owner
portableal -- few posts ??
tech01 -- no VIN

If we missed some 'lurkers' make your first post if you're getting close !!

What's up with this pending business? :?

Tardis, wcbrauneis, radryan, and myself were all previously December 5 deliveries. And now we all changed from December 9/10 to pending. I am hopeful this is a good sign. Alternatively, our cars may have fallen off the same truck. :)

lukati said:
What's up with this pending business? :?

Tardis, wcbrauneis, radryan, and myself were all previously December 5 deliveries. And now we all changed from December 9/10 to pending. I am hopeful this is a good sign. Alternatively, our cars may have fallen off the same truck. :)

don't forget 'dutch' as well ... not sure at all what's going on but you guys are making me nervous as I seem to be the only one still listed for Dec 9/10 now! I need to keep my trade-in's mileage low so this is making me a bit anxious; hopefully no truck accidents along the way (at this point, it may or may not be on a truck as I'm sure more than just the forum member cars are coming in)

I am talking to someone at Nissan CS. They have given me a few updates. The last one is that my car is in port and that they are accessorizing it. Not sure what that means. But still pending and no estimated delivery date.

I am very pissed off with my dealer Martin Nissan. I choose them based on some reviews I found but so far I am not having a great experience. They are refusing to discuss trade in value and are not returning e-mails or phone calls. I wish I could change dealer but that is very difficult so close to delivery.

dutchinchicago said:
I am talking to someone at Nissan CS. They have given me a few updates. The last one is that my car is in port and that they are accessorizing it. Not sure what that means. But still pending and no estimated delivery date.

I guess our "pending" cars are all still in Long Beach then.

That's really unfortunate ... I was in a somewhat similar situation as my main contact had left the Nissan dealer I was using (not the dealer's fault, rep moved closer to home) but as we hadn't formalized what my trade-in value would be before that rep left I needed to 'start over' with someone who was a bit familiar with my order but didn't have the same level of enthusiasm nor 'access' to the dealer LEAF site that the old one did. We were able to work things out but I needed to do my own homework --- namely I stopped by Carmax and a car broker to see what my trade would bring; granted these are wholesale trade-in values but at least you'll have something when the dealer says I'll give you $$ xxx ... basically the dealer matched the other appraisals with the only stipulation that I keep the car under a certain mileage threshold which should be OK as long as the car still makes it in this month. Have you tried getting another appraisal yet? Don't know if you have a Carmax nearby but they'll give you an appraisal whether or not you buy a car from them ... the folks I dealt with at the Schaumburg one were good people, no pressure and the amount was the same as an independent appraiser. I didn't 'sell' it to Carmax or the other because with winter coming my other summer car will head under cover once we get our first snow and we would be short without it. If these guys are that unresponsive then I would think that Nissan CS would want to know ...

Just spoke to someone at Nissan CS.

Apparently there is a problem with my dealers Leaf certification so they can not use that dealership to deliver my car.

Sort of nice because I did not like my dealer but I am not sure where this leaves me.

Nissan said that they will try to find a new dealer for me. Not sure if it would be better if I would find a dealer myself.

I live in downtown Chicago.

wcbrauneis said:
I just got a call from Al Piemonte Nissan that my car has arrived.

many congrats -- that ETA beat your last estimate by 11 days !!! perhaps 'pending' status isn't such bad thing at all -- probably a day or less for prep ?

Just talked to Nissan CS. He said the Pending status was a server issue. However, he looked up my VIN and told me that the vehicle is in route to the dealer from CA. In fact, he said the truck departed on Nov 29th. So, Week of dec 10th seems to be accurate.

wcbrauneis said:
I just got a call from Al Piemonte Nissan that my car has arrived.

Excellent! Congratulations. Please let us know how your buying experience develops, particularly the EL plates and state rebate paperwork.

Back