Climate Call to Action - NYC Sep 20-21, 2014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2k1Toaster said:
AndyH said:
No, my friend, I did not get this from 'faux' so-called 'News.'

While it might make you feel better to dissect the medical system into 'diagnosis' and 'treatment' segments, that's a pointless distinction as the entry and exit from the system haven't changed.

The fact remain (I think we agree here?) that the system is not adapting quickly enough to change - and that climate change is bringing change more quickly than the medical system (dissected or not) is able to cope.

Whatever your source it is very obvious they believe 'merica #1 in healthcare and universal healthcare is bad. This is false, and the distinction needs to be made it was a poor diagnosis because it was up until now uncommon. Not because it was the Canadian healthcare system.
Dude - you might want to re-read the article and note that the source is attached to the quote. It's got ZERO to do with "merica" or any political system or who pays for care.

Don't want to Google that source? Here - let me help you with that:
http://www.dailyclimate.org/tdc-newsroom/2014/09/canada-lyme-disease-spreads

Cheers.

2k1Toaster said:
Whatever your source it is very obvious they believe 'merica #1 in healthcare and universal healthcare is bad. This is false, and the distinction needs to be made it was a poor diagnosis because it was up until now uncommon. Not because it was the Canadian healthcare system.
Toaster - in case I wasn't clear earlier, I agree with you. ;)

Check this out for a much more dramatic case of being behind the curve...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/02/texas-ebola_n_5919522.html
DALLAS, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Up to 100 people may have had direct or indirect contact with the first person to be diagnosed with the deadly Ebola virus in the United States, and four of his relatives have been quarantined in their homes as a precaution, health officials said Thursday.
The Dallas patient, who had flown from Liberia, initially sought treatment at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on the night of Sept. 25 but was sent home with antibiotics, despite telling a nurse he had recently arrived from West Africa. By Sunday, he needed an ambulance to return to the same hospital.

On Wednesday, hospital officials admitted that the man's travel information had not been shared with other staff who were treating him.

Back