Clipper Creek ECS-16

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
detlefo said:
The ECS will not operate in the US and is in violation of NEC code.

that won't stop us from trying it in the US, if it works, great.
Let the "EVSE police" come and pry it out of my cold. dead hands :)

This is nothing but plain old horse excrement.

detlefo said:
They also make an LCS 20 which provides level II charging on a 20 amp 220 volt circuit. Could be the answere. Have not seen pricing, but I live just a few miles from their headquarters in Auburn, CA

http://www.clippercreek.com/documents/PDF/operation_manuals/ClipperCreek_LCS-20.pdf

Price and link to the datasheet for the LCS20 can be found in my Jul 12 post:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=10500#p10500

garygid said:
On price and availability, Clipper Creek says that their two portable,
plug-in units are only availale to OEM buyers.

When I contacted them as a potential retailer, they made clear their products were available to me.

Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:00 PM
To: 'AndyH'
Subject: RE: ClipperCreek PCS-15 Information

Andy, the user can not field reconfigure between the 20 amp and 15 amp versions of the PCS-15 (difference in the NEMA number of the cord and plug) along with a couple of other modifications. The retail pricing for the units is $1325 for the PCS-15 and $1650 for the LCS-20. We will have UL listed units with the J1772 connectors ready for delivery in September. We do use resellers and will offer the units at a discount if ordered in sufficient quantities.

Don Francis
Business Operations Manager
SE Region
ClipperCreek, Inc.
2897 N. Druid Hills Road, NE
Suite 144
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
404-906-0656
www.clippercreek.net

Very pricy. For a portable solution at that amperage I would expect more options. Likely a result of UL costs and low production volume.

Your July email says that they will be available through resellers, with no clear offer to sell one to you.

A few days ago, they emailed me that the PCS and ECS were (apparently for now) for OEM orders only. Again, just as of now.

just thought of another reason why the EC-16 won't work in the U.S./N.A.

The "European" 230VAC is on a single 230V leg, and they also have a neutral and a ground.

The "U.S./N.A." 240VAC is on (2) 120V legs, with a ground only usually (or possible also a neutral as well)

so the basic voltage is delivered in incompatible ways, without further electronics...

garygid said:
Your July email says that they will be available through resellers, with no clear offer to sell one to you.

Considering I contacted them on behalf of my company with a request for reseller info.. :roll: Yeah...Ok...

garygid said:
A few days ago, they emailed me that the PCS and ECS were (apparently for now) for OEM orders only. Again, just as of now.

I'm not surprised, at least for the ECS, which is an European product. I'd still like to see some proof, though.

All this talk about EVSE options, only to find out when you buy the car that you can use the included 120V "emergency" EVSE along with a $5 plug adapter cord to recharge from a 240V dryer outlet in half the time :mrgreen:

Edit 10/23/2012: The above statement was pure speculation around the time that Nissan had just begun production of the Leaf. Please, nobody try this, or you'll let out the "magic smoke" :( Instead, you can send in your EVSE to the good folks at http://www.evseupgrade.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to make it 120/240V capable, and I can supply any adapter cords you may need :)

johnr said:
All this talk about EVSE options, only to find out when you buy the car that you can use the included 120V "emergency" EVSE along with a $5 plug adapter cord to recharge from a 240V dryer outlet in half the time :mrgreen:

We have no proof that the included L1 EVSE will be able to run at 240V, I tend to doubt it, we are talking about the US market, Europe will have a 230V portable EVSE included with the Leaf

My email to CC and their response:

The $3,000 MSRP refers to the CS-40.

The MSRP is $3,000 and the unit is available off the shelf.

Sorry about the web site it is under construction, however, at this point the PCS and ECS are only available to OEMs.

dlp

At 11:11 AM 9/25/2010, you wrote:
This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.clippercreek.com/ from:
Gary XXXXXXX <[email protected]>

I would like any pricing and availability info, please.
If you have sold 3000 units, ou must have some info. Thanks, Gary

Back