clipper creek evse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjw

I purchased a clipper creek 240/20 amp hard wired. It requires a 30 Amp circuit breaker which i will hard wire into my evse. Is it ok to hardwire instead of using a plug or outlet? The evse puts out 5kw n cost only $495

tjw said:
I purchased a clipper creek 240/20 amp hard wired. It requires a 30 Amp circuit breaker which i will hard wire into my evse. Is it ok to hardwire instead of using a plug or outlet? The evse puts out 5kw n cost only $495

It can go either way, but I prefer hard wire unless you have plans to take your unit portable. Clipper Creek does sell the units as either hard wire or with a plug (e.g. - LC-20 or LC-20P for $495 I assume you bought the hard wire model that does not come with the plug installed.

I currently have a dryer plug that runs at 250v, 30 amps nema 10-30 (as far as I can tell).
Is there some adapter for me to use to be able to use the clipper creek charger?

tlim said:
I currently have a dryer plug that runs at 250v, 30 amps nema 10-30 (as far as I can tell).
Is there some adapter for me to use to be able to use the clipper creek charger?

evseadapters.com used to sell such an adapter, but I just looked at their website and it looks like they're redoing it and not all products are listed.

I bought a Clipper Creek LCS-25 EVSE before they offered the plug-in versions and just put an L 6-20 plug on the end of it and bought an adapter that went from an L 6-20 receptacle to a 10-30 plug. Works great. I understand evseadapters.com have now gone to L 6-30 receptacles but still offer the L 6-20 as an option. Use the L 6-30 if your unit draws more than 20 amps though.

Back