Clunk when first pulling out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Got it too. About 15 ft after I start going forward following my backing out of the driveway. Sounds so much like I'm running over a manhole cover I initially thought that's what it was. Since it's so consistent, I figured it was normal and have almost forgotten about it.
Maybe I'll do some tests to isolate it.

sparky said:
Yup. Got it too. About 15 ft after I start going forward following my backing out of the driveway. Sounds so much like I'm running over a manhole cover I initially thought that's what it was. Since it's so consistent, I figured it was normal and have almost forgotten about it.
Maybe I'll do some tests to isolate it.

Yes, must be normal for the car, because mine does it as well.

IBELEAF and LeafTalk have both already stated the correct information - it is the ABS self test. Almost all vehicles with ABS self test upon driving (forward or backward), and most times (not always) it can be heard, and sometimes felt, as a light "clunk". There is nothing wrong with your car. These are not the droids you're looking for. :)

LEAFguy said:
IBELEAF and LeafTalk have both already stated the correct information - it is the ABS self test. Almost all vehicles with ABS self test upon driving (forward or backward), and most times (not always) it can be heard, and sometimes felt, as a light "clunk". There is nothing wrong with your car. These are not the droids you're looking for. :)
The EVs are just too quiet! ;)

I'd bet money on the ABS system. My 09 Infiniti G37 does something simmilar. Its an ABS self-test. My Altima did it too. Notice that it only happens after starting the car and pulling away.

I would say that the ABS is a conclusion I can agree with. It does sound like it;s coming from the same area the ABS unit is mounted to on the firewall.

I'll be sure to turn up the radio before I leave.

thanks!

well, i "guess" mine does it as well, but i will have to start listening for it as i have not noticed it...must be the rush of euphoria is drowning it out perhaps?

Back