Console Display is not opening or tilting - 2012 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigzy

Hi all,

I just got my Leaf yesterday and its the first car I have had since my 2001 Accord. That said I have never had such an intricate center panel and had no idea it could even open. I tried to activate the tilt feature (by holding the button) and open feature by (tapping it) but aside from the beep, nothing happens. Could this be a cause of user error? Is there a manual way to open the screen? This may be a silly question but this is all very new to me.

(aside from this the car is awesome and I love it!)

It appears that motor is jammed or broken. If you just bought this vehicle then return immediately for warranty repair.
Or maybe there is factory warranty on that navigation screen?

Just pushing the button will result screen rotating to put a CD in the machine (navigation map is also there, not interesting for users).

Was bought As-is so I'm pretty much out of luck on that. Unfortunately it wasn't something i even thought to check having something like that screen for the first time. Unless there is a manual way to open it I'll just live with it. I haven't played a CD in probably 5 years =)

Thank you for the reply!

Sounds like a good plan, with USB and BT i have no need to access the CD port. Tilt would be nice but really isnt a biggie. Thanks again to all that answered.

haha just leave it alone..mines perfecly working..and I believe I opened it on accident once..lol usb or bt like u said

Back