Contemplating purchasing a 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperionmark

Hello all! First post here on the Leaf forums!

There is a $7,000 2013 S with 30k miles on it in my town. What are the things I should be looking for when I go to test drive? Any way to figure out battery capacity/health/degradation? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Beyond that, looking to learn more about the Leaf in general. Is the 2013 a good option when looking to buy used? What are the positives and negatives of the 2013 S? We don't need cruise control or a few of the other features. The S is level 2 charge capable, correct? Thanks for any other insights you can give to a newb!

Mark

Battery health: Look at the thin band of bars on the right side of console, those are the battery capacity bars. If you lose 4 bars before 5 years or 60,000 miles Nissan will replace the battery.
More accurate battery heath: LeafSpy will show AH and SOH.

I disagree with you on cruise control, I find it way too easy to speed in a BEV without it.

A 2013 S has a charger capable of up to 3.3KW L2 charging.

Others can give you more specific insight into 2013 specs.

BillHolz said:

A 2013 S without premium charge package has a charger capable of up to 3.3KW L2 charging.

Others can give you more specific insight into 2013 specs.
Actually the premium package isn't available on a S model, in '13 the only package available on an S was the charger package which not only included the 6.6kw charger but it was the only way to get the backup camera.

A Carfax report should also have the build date. The only reason to buy a 2013 built early in that year would be if it's already lost 3 or 4 bars, and has time remaining on the 5 year (from the in service date) 60k miles capacity warranty.

Back